8.06.2018

Miscellaneous Monday

Today is my last day of Summer.
Meetings at school start tomorrow and I will pretty much be there the rest of the week.
School starts a week from today.
Sigh.
Summer went by too quickly.
So, here is a a little Miscellaneous for your Monday and some highlights of what we've been up to this Summer. 
A few weeks ago Kate went to overnight camp for the week in the Santa Cruz Mountains. She had a blast. After we picked her up, the 5 of us went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
 It has been over 20 years since I have been there. I forgot how fun it is.
I forgot about the Merry Go Round with the rings & throwing them in the clowns mouth.
 The Boardwalk has definitely been upgraded since I have been there. 
 The Giant Dipper was one of my favorite roller coasters.

We will for sure be going back!
This summer the kids and I headed to the Museum of Ice Cream in San Francisco.

  It was so much fun! Especially the Sprinkle Pool.
We got Ice Cream Samples through out the museum.
 And, other treats...like Cherry Cotton Candy!
 The animal cookie Carousel was one of my favorites.
If you live in the Bay Area & have a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it!
And, did you know you can get Ice cream from the Musuem of Ice Cream at Target?

Our favorites are the Cherrylicious and Sprinkle Pool.


Check to see if they are available at your Target!

 
This summer, I read this book by Emily Giffin:
It was the first Emily Giffin book I have read and since then, I have been trying to read as many books as I can of hers.

So far I have read:

 




If you haven't read her books before...go read them now! I highly recommend any of these novels...perfect summer beach reads!

My kids also did a Performing Arts Camp and the theme was The Greatest Show.
All 3 kids loved the camp. It was adorable. 

This summer I have been cleaning out things like a mad woman and working on my 40 Bags in 40 Days Project!
 
I am happy to say that on July 31st, I FINALLY FINISHED!!!
Every cabinet, drawer, closet, nook & cranny in my house has been cleaned out. I went room by room.
I would do one section/area at a time and once it was cleaned & organized, I moved onto the next area.
 
 Look at my closet...it's not very big to begin with, but I got rid of so many clothes (and shoes!)
 
I can't tell you how good it feels to GET RID OF STUFF!!!!!!!!
I went through all the files/paper in our guest room/office. Now it's organized!
Kate was excited to clean out her room & closet. She made me take down her name letters on her wall because they are “too babyish” and she put all her American Girl stuff in a bin. Since she’s going into middle school she said she’s too old to play with them. 
And she made sure the bin wasn’t clear, she didn’t want people to see all the dolls in her closet.
Luke's closet was a disaster...now it's organized.
It took me over 150 days, but at least it’s done! 
32 large bags of donations to Goodwill and over 40 large bags of trash are gone and out of my house FOREVER!
Every single drawer, cabinet, closet & bedroom has been purged, cleaned and organized. 
The CRAP is out of my house & it feels so, so, so good. 
Everything in my house has a place now, so it makes keeping it clean so much easier.
I highly recommend doing a clean out like this....I have so much peace when I am home! 

The past month I started watching Parks & Rec
Some of my students last year told me to watch it and I finally did. It's so funny! I am on Season 3. Have you seen it?
Rodan + Fields newest product Active Hydration Body Replenish is here and now available to customers! 
If you buy a regimen, you can get this for FREE!
It comes with a body scrubber! 

Body Replenish is amazing...it totally helps with my cracked heels from wearing flip flops everyday this summer! I showed you my heels last week, but here is another before and after of another consultant.
Also helps with crepey skin & is a fast absorbing, ultra hydrating daily body cream. It feels like satin!
If you aren't interested in a regimen, we have another special where you can get our Active Hydration Serum & the Body Replenish for 15% off.
 If you order this, I will also mail you a FREE mini facial & mini eye cream! 
Email me with questions or if you want to order!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

We just had our final summer in Hurrah in Lake Tahoe this past week.
I am so glad I had the Body Replenish with me. Several days in Tahoe at 5000+ feet of altitude & being on the beach with sand and my skin didn't dry out!!!
 No other place I’d rather spend the last few days of Summer....in our happy place!

As much as it pains me...Back to School is here which means time for new backpacks & lunchboxes.
I only get my kids new backpacks & lunchboxes every other year.
The PBK ones last 2-3 years. They wash up really well (I wash them 3-4 times during the school year, along with the PBK lunchboxes and they hold up great!)
Here is Claire's new backpack:
 And, matching lunchbox:

Luke's 1st ever backpack:

And, matching lunchbox:

Since Kate is going to middle school, she didn't want a PBK backpack, instead we got her THIS one:
I don't get their names embroidered on their backpacks because if they are walking to and from school, I don't want strangers to know their names. I do get their names on their lunchboxes so that if someone in their class has the same one, they know whose is whose.

I also decided to get my kids Yum Boxes this year. We used them for the first time when they had to bring their lunches to Performing Arts Camp. 
Love them!

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it a 100 more times....I just love Monday nights with these girls. We’ve been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette together since our kids were in Kindergarten. So thankful for these friendships. 

Are you watching the finale tonight?
Can't wait to see who Becca picks!


So, there you have it....a little Miscellaneous Monday...hope yours is a good one!

8 comments:

  1. OMG! LOVE Claire's new backpack and lunchbox-so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great start to your school year. We have work days next Monday and Tuesday and kids start Wednesday but I will be in there some this week to get things set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach boardwalk and performing arts camp look like a lot of fun! Love PBK backpacks.. they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parks and Rec is the best! We are watching Making It on NBC right now and Amy and Nick are just as funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I've been re-reading Emily Giffin's books this summer too. I just finished Baby Proof this weekend and am currently on Love the One You're With. I stopped reading after The One & Only because I didn't like the story...and she was hating on CU football! But I've heard good things about her recent books so I'm going to get them at the library when I finish the ones I have. If I remember correctly, The Heart of the Matter was my favourite. I also love that characters from other books pop up in later books so you get updates on their lives!

    2. We're re-watching Parks & Rec right now and I love it. It will forever be one of my faves. So, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you for the purge! Esp while your kids are there! I have to purge my husbands stuff while he’s not around😉 he never even notices it’s gone! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kids from our church go to camp over in the Santa Cruz Mtns at Day Break Camp. Our daughter went and loved it. I didn't even know about the Museum of Ice Cream before reading your post a few weeks ago. We were over in the city Thursday and happened to walk past it and I thought about you and told my husband about your talking about it. It was sadly already closed though when we went by. One day we'll have to visit it. Good luck with all the back to school stuff!!! Summer goes way to quickly, even for this mama with no school aged kids now. And saw your IG yesterday. Congrats on the good news about your nose and being done with the band aid. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin