10.16.2015

Pumpkin Oatmeal Carmelitas

One of my favorite dessert bars are Carmelitas.
Oatmeal, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Chocolate Chips...yum!
I make carmelitas often & it's fun to mix up some of the toppings.
I decided to make a fall version of carmelitas & add some pumpkin!
Here is what you need:
 Crust:
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cups butter, melted
Filing:
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Peanut Butter ( I use Skippy)
1 t pumpkin pie spice
2 t cinnamon
1 cup Caramel topping
1 package  chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
1 cup chopped pecans  (optional)


Combine crust ingredients & mix to form crust. 
Press HALF of the mixture into the bottom of a 9X13 pan. 
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes  (until barely brown). 
While it is cooking, prepare your filing.
In a bowl, combine peanut butter, pumpkin, spices & caramel 
Mix together until smooth. 
 Spread on top of crust once you take it out of the oven:
Sprinkle with chocolate chips:

Sprinkle with remaining crumbs to form crust mixture. 
I add chopped peacans to half of it (my kids don't like pecans)
Then, I drizzle more caramel sauce over the top!
 Bake 15-20 minutes at 350, until golden brown. 
It will seem slightly jiggly, but it will be fine!
 Chill 2 -3 hours in the fridge.
 Cut into bars & Enjoy!
 These bars are heavenly!
I hope you love these bars as much as we do. 
I like that the bars are versatile....If you don't like peanut butter, leave it out. If you don't like pumpkin, you can leave that out also! 

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.
Hope you have a good weekend....my 1/2 marathon is on Sunday...EEEK! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I've never had carmelitas! These flavors are PERFECT so I am definitely making this recipe :) GOOD LUCK racing this weekend! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I have actually never heard of caramelitas! This look so good. I love everything chocolate oatmeal and pumpkin and this has all of those so I might just have to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really good! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing recipes and thank you for share with us like this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s funny cause I think people believe that just cause we’re food bloggers means that we have all of the time in the world to cook dinner. I find myself scrambling every single night! These recipes are awesome and will be a total life-saver!
    Jayme Silvestri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin