8.18.2015

Luke's Firetruck Party

Luke's 3rd Birthday Party was on Saturday.
When I first started planning his 3rd birthday party (in January, ha!) I was going to do a Construction theme because he loves bulldozers, tractors, diggers & all things construction.
But then, a couple months ago, out of the blue, he said he wanted a Firetruck Party. 
So, we switched themes!
Here is the invite that I made & then I printed it on brown cardstock to give it more of a "vintage" look:
For decorations, I knew I wanted to give the illusion of flames throughout our house, so I got red, orange & yellow streamers & strung them all around the downstairs. 

Streamers are an easy & inexpensive way to make a statement at a party. 
I used this idea 2 years ago for Claire's Tangled Party I used yellow streamers as Rapunzel's hair and last year for her Mermaid party, I used blue/aqua streamers to make it look like we were Under the Sea.

Here is our downstairs "on fire"
 Birthday Banner that I made:
 Close up:
 More flames:
I made a big fireball out of tissue pom poms:
 I had another banner I made that said "Station No. 3" since he was turning 3 :)
 The girls helped with with the streamers & the tissue puffs. They had so much fun helping me!
 Other decorations were flowers:
And balloons that I hung around the pool fence (It was 102 the day of his party, so it was a Firetruck swim party)
Party Food:
Veggies & Hummus
 The veggies were fire colors, of course:
  Flames:
Jalapeno Poppers:
 Recipe {HERE}
 Corn Dip {Recipe HERE}
I set up all the appetizers inside since it was over 100 degrees outside:
 For drinks, I set up a "Hydration Station" outside:
 (We also had a cooler of ice waters, Capri Sun & Beer, but I didn't get a photo of it!)
The party was at 5:00pm, so I served dinner. 
Here is the menu:
Pulled Pork:
Fire Dogs (Hot Dogs)
 Buns:
 Broccoli Slaw:
 Potato Salad:
Fiery Fruit Salad:
I only used fruit that was red, orange & yellow to go along with the fire theme :)
Yum!
 And, of course...I always have a dessert/sweets table!
Vanilla Cupcakes:
 Love this adorable fondant toppers
 I made "matches"
 There were "Fire Hoses"
 Fire Engine Wheels:
 Sugar Cookie Fruit Puffs:
 I used peaches & strawberries to look like flames:
 And made Cupcake toppers to match the invites & food labels:
  More Flowers for decoration :)
 And, of course....my mother in law made one of her amazing cakes!
 For the favors, I set up a favor table outside:
 I strung firefighter hats on twine:
 Details on the favor table:
 
 
 
 I've used my Red High Chair for his last 2 birthday parties (yes, I know he is 3 and too big for a high chair, but it's red & matched my theme :)
 My friend Heather makes these awesome number buntings!
Time for cake!
Luke wanted Red Velvet for his cake:
I love how opinionated he is at just 3 years old :)

 It was such a fun time celebrating Luke!
Lots of eating & swimming on a HOT day!
I can't believe my baby is THREE!

Check out his 1st & 2nd birthday parties:

To see all my other parties, click the Parties Tab {HERE}

++++++++++++
And, if you haven't entered my $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway, make sure you enter {HERE}

15 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing party! Love all of the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This post is SO Pinterest worthy! You simply out did yourself, Mel! And your little one's face is priceless! I hope you had a relaxing evening and a glass of wine after you pulled this fiery shindig off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like always...best party decorations ever!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The matchstick pretzels are such a good idea. What a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect Mel! Absolutely perfect! How is Luke already three?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU, ma'am, know how to throw QUITE the party! This is absolutely the cutest three year old party I've ever seen!! So precious! Looks like a great time. Your pool area is BEAUTIFUL by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks like an amazing party! Every detail is perfect Mel! I am sure your little guy had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun theme for a sweet 3 yr old! You did a great job tying everything together!

    Kathy Lang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun and thoughtful to the last detail! Happy birthday Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous as always, Mel! I love the fire hat banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading all the details in your parties! Great job as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you make those printables?! they are amazing! I'm having a fireman's birthday for my son this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, this fire-truck party was truly amazing. These colorful decorations are looking fabulous for 3rd Birthday Party. You really did wonderful work my friend. You know our son’s 6th birthday was also celebrated last month at one of his favorite kid’s party LA venues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimonies.. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 20TH OF OCT 2020, And i saw a marvelous testimonies of this powerful and great Doctor called PRIEST AZIBA on the forum.. I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about Natural Enlargement Products. Nobody would have been able to influence me about Natural Enlargement Product not until PRIEST AZIBA did it for me and restored my Penis to a Normal size which i was very ok to have(11inch) he ask if i want to increase it further more i told him am ok with this i have now, so I'm recommending y'all in same situation to contact DR AZIBA via Email: PRIESTAZIBASOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM and also Contact him on his whatsApp +2348100368288I am really short of expressions, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you PRIEST AZIBA you are a God sent to me and my entire friends whom has also use your product.. And now i am a joyful man with my family. here is DR Email and WhatsApp contact below Email: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com.WhatsApp:+2348100368288

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin