12.09.2013

Ho! Ho! Ho! {Santa Torture 2013}

Happy Monday!
We had a really fun & busy weekend.
Kevin's work party was Friday night, Kate had a birthday party on Saturday, we had our court Christmas party on Saturday night and then on Sunday we went to visit Santa.

Nothing makes me happier than crying kids on Santa's lap. 
Both my girls screamed/cried on Santa's lap when they were younger. 
Let's take a walk down memory lane.....

2008
Claire's 1st Christmas {3 months}, Kate {23 months}
2009
Claire {15 months}, Kate {2.5 years old}
2010
Kate {3.5 years old} & Claire {2 years old}
2011
Kate {4.5 years old} & Claire {3 years old}
 In 2011, they both smiled.  The streak was over. But in 2011, I had just found out I was pregnant with Luke, so I was hoping for another Santa screamer ;)
Last year {2012} Luke was just 4 months old and he LOVED Santa:

The brother cousins Luke & Jack last year:
We went to see Santa yesterday & also went with my sister & Jack.
 Jack did not disappoint.

LOVE it.
 Of course, we had to do another brother cousin photo.
 I knew that this year would be my chance for Luke to have a crying Santa photo.
He is a really happy guy & never cries when we drop him off at Sunday school, etc.
I put him on Santa's lap...
Luke is checking out Santa. Jack is still pissed.

Luke is wavering....not sure what to think. Jack is angry. Very angry.
Get me off this guy's lap!
 And, we have a winner!!!!!! 
 Then, we took the boys off Santa's lap and I consoled Luke.
It was time for the girls to go on Santa's lap, and I needed a sibling photo, so Luke went back on his lap.
Luke is like "Are you kidding me?!?!

Did you really put me back on his lap?
 Luke...looking over at my mom, silently pleading for help.
 And, we have another money shot. YES.
Then, I rescued Luke so that the girls could tell Santa what they wanted.
I love our Santa in our town because it is FREE and you can take your own photos!
As many as you want.
 The girls were having a grand old time with Santa. He asked them what they wanted. They both said, "I don't know." Santa asked if they wanted him to surprise them. They said, "Sure". 
 Sweater {here}  Skirt {Here} Shoes {Here}
Luke's Outfit:
Shirt {Here} Pants {Here} Shoes {Here}
I got the girls their outfits during the Cyber Monday sales (and most of these stores are having 30%-40% off sales today also!)
Then, we realized we needed a photo with all the cousins, so we put the boys back on Santa's lap.
I could look at these photos all day.
There is nothing that makes me smile like crying kids on Santa's lap.
#evilmom
#cryingkidswithSantamakemehappy
Hope these photos brought a smile to your face today.
Happy Monday, indeed :)

25 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! you are killing me! I would never have been able to get Elyse BACK on Santa's lap after her traumatic experience this year! I LOVE all those shots--maybe next year at almost 3 she'll be into him! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have 3 boys and this year my baby (18 months) cried. I have pictures of him running away from Santa when Santa let him down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME. This totally made my whole day. I am dying laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you did this. And rejoiced. Pictures like these always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel to this day my favorite picture of my niece and nephew was the one time my sister took them to see Santa (she was afraid of him/ traumatized when she was little so she refuses to take them now!). My nephew was about 3 and my niece 1, my nephew is crying over Santa and my niece is crying because my nephew is crying. Both kids and Santa have bright red faces and they all look miserable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to visit santa tonight I'm praying Kayden doesn't start kicking & screaming but we will see. He was totally frozen when we passed by last week & my kid always moves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures make me laugh. That first one even Santa looks unhappy.

    I have some of those crying Santa pictures as well. I have one with Isabella holding a handful of fruit snack her sippy cup and a few other things.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I am cracking up at those phose photos! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping my son doesn't cry this Saturday on Santa's lap. We shall see. Those pics are definitely keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! That was a good laugh for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the 2011 photo of the girls!
    And Jack & Luke this year---hilarious & cute!!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the boys didn't disappoint because their pictures made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha ha! We Dion't do Santa here, but I always look forward to your Santa picture post. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This just made my day... You are hilarious....

    ReplyDelete
  16. He must be really scary looking because every kid screams! This year I dressed my boys up in Christmas pajamas and posed them on the fireplace for our Christmas card. I tried to get them to look up the chimney for Santa. My three year old complied but the one year old just say that screaming and he was only pretending to see Santa! Hilarious. I really wanted to use that pic on the card but my husband wasn't in favor of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol I am cracking up! My daughter loved Santa every year so this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha! I love it! I'm totally doing this with my kids too!

    How funny that Santa has been the same the last 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ook forward to your santa pics every year. It makes me laugh so hard!!! My daughters have never really been scared of santa. Now the easter bunny they are not fond of lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is awesomeness right there! And, quite frankly, I'd be a little afraid to cross little Jack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! I took June to see Santa for the first time this year (she's 11 months). She cried and I was so excited to see the pic (I had to pay for it, couldn't take my own). When I saw the pic I was so disappointed because you couldn't really tell she was crying haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was an awesome recap. And I completely support your torture. I do have to ask how you deal with the many questions of santa being real or not? It would be cool if you did a blog about the way that you approach the questions of santa while you still support it as a mom. I have my own approach but would love to hear yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin