12.12.2013

Christmas Cookies in a Jar + Free Printable

One of my most pinned posts is from a few years ago when I posted my Christmas Cookies in a Jar & Free Printable.

I wanted to re-post for those of you who are new to my blog.
If you are looking for a fun & inexpensive Christmas gift for your kids teachers, then this idea is perfect for you! I have given these to my girls teachers for the past 2 years and I will be giving them again this year.
Here is what you need for each Mason Jar:
(slightly modified from Bakerella)

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup m&ms (I used the Red & Green Christmas ones)
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
Put the ingredients in the order I listed:
First: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
Second: oats
Third: m&ms
Fourth: chocolate chips
Fifth: brown sugar
Sixth: white sugar

I use smooth 1 quart Mason Jar which I buy at Michael's for $1.99.
Then I add a piece of fabric that I cut out in 8 inch by 8 inch squares.
(I had this red polka dot fabric left over from Claire's Lady Bug Party)
I tied a ribbon around the fabric to secure it.
(I cut my ribbon into 18 inch strips)

Then I made labels for the front & back of the jars.
I printed them on sticker paper & then punched out the labels with a 2.5 inch scalloped punch.
This is the punch I have: 2.5 Scallop Punch

{You could also print on normal paper & attach to the jar with double stick tape}
{click to download. Right click & then Save.}

(On my girls version, I put "love, Kate (or Claire)"...but for yours I just put a cute little Christmas tree which I think is adorable!)

Here is the back label which has the directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add in:
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix & Roll into balls & Bake for 10 minutes.
{click to download. Right click & then Save.}

So, if you need a last minute teacher gift, Sunday School gift, hostess gift, etc. you can make these!

Kate's teacher told me she loved this because she was able to easily make Christmas cookies with her 2 boys that same afternoon I gave it to her. She said she had been so busy with teaching & all the school activities that she hadn't had time to make Christmas cookies with her own kids yet and was thankful for such an easy way to make homemade cookies during the busy holiday season.

I am also giving a jar to Kate's Speech teacher, the school librarian & the front office ladies, because they deserve presents also! :)

For their teachers, I also attach a gift card to their favorite place to shop(which I know about because I give them THESE questionnaires at the beginning of the school year!)
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reposting! Perfect timing, I was just searching for a recipe for this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this last year for teachers' gifts and it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! Thank you soooo much for re-posting. I was planning to do another Christmas snack for teachers, but these printables have sealed the deal! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable!!! I love, love, love this and will totally use this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! How do you attach the gift card for the teachers?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin