1.28.2011

An Interview with 4 year old Kate

I decided to start a new tradition with my girls.
I am going to "interview" them after their birthday, asking them about their favorite things, foods, activities, etc.
I think it will be fun to look back each year & see how their ideas, thoughts & tastes have changed.

{Also included are photos from Kate's impromptu 4 year old photo shoot that we had the other day!}
But first, here are some stats:
(she had her 4 year well check this week)
Height: 39 inches (50th %)
Weight: 31 pounds (10th %)
Clothes: Mostly 3T {some 2T (skirts) & 4T (shirts)}
Shoe: 8
At 4 years old, Kate is only napping 1-2 times a week.
She is a terrible sleeper & still wakes up in the middle of the night.
EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT.
(She sometimes has night terrors)
She goes to bed at 7:30 pm & wakes up around 7 am.
(Most nights she doesn't fall asleep until after 9pm)

Now, onto the Interview with Kate {age 4}
Favorite Number:
10

Favorite Letter:
K

Favorite Color:
Purple.
2nd favorite is Pink.
Favorite Food:
Pineapple Pizza and Hot Dogs

Favorite Drink:
Chocolate Milk
Favorite Fruit:
Watermelon

Favorite Vegetable:
Peas
Favorite Snack:
Chocolate Goldfish

Favorite Treat:
Chocolate Milkshake

Favorite Dessert:
Chocolate Ice Cream
Favorite outfit:
Anything Purple. You need to get me more purple clothes.

Favorite thing to do at school:
Paint
Favorite thing to do at home:
Color

Favorite thing to play with outside:
Ride my Bike
Favorite Book:
Where's the Poop
and Pinkalicous

Favorite Movie:
Cinderella, then Mary Poppins

Favorite TV Show:
Little Einsteins & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite Animal:
Elephant

Favorite place to visit:
Lake Tahoe

Who are your Best Friends:
Maddie, Nicole & my sister Claire
Favorite thing to do with Mommy:
Bake things like Cookies & Cupcakes

Favorite thing to do with Daddy:
Help him fix things that are broken & Going to his office

Favorite thing to do with Claire:
Play with the Dollhouse
What makes you happy?
My family & God. And chocolate.

What makes you sad?
That my friend Taylor moved to Boston. I miss her. I want to see her again.

What do you want to learn to do this year?
Swim.
And, I want to take gymnastics.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don't want to grow up. I want to stay a little girl forever.
Me too, Kate, me too.

28 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will defintitely be instituting birthday interviews.
    p.s. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the interview idea. am going to steal. love her answers. she is the SWEETEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mel!!! Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you found me. I actually found you through Kelly's Korner too awhile ago. I THINK I left a comment because I alos noticed how alike we are as far as interests and then our girls are almost the exact same ages:). I know I became a follower and have loved reading your blog ever since! SO FUN! I had the biggest smile on my face when I was reading your posts on Kate's birthday because it's exactly what Ellie Kate has requested and so we are also having a Cinderella party for her 4th bday in a few weeks. It really is crazy how parallel our lives are in so many aspects. It's so fun to "meet" people over the internet! Love this interview:). I might copy your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea, I LOVE IT! And please tell me she has the book Purplicious too, we read those books lots at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! I was reading someone else's blog earlier n the week and they did an interview for their daughter-loved the idea and can't wait to hear what mine will say each year! Cute pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pictures and I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just precious!!! Love all of her answersespecially the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea. She really does like chocolate.

    I think I am going to steal this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to steal your idea :). My daughter Alexis is turning 4 in exactly one week from today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is such a cute idea, might have to steal that one from you for sure!!!


    she is a muffin, LOVE her pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shall steal this idea as well I LOVE IT!!!!!

    I also love every single photo. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please, you must get at least a tidbit on video and post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting the link to that book! We're trying hard to get my 5 year old son with autism to realize that he can go in the potty, not in his diaper! I'm definitely going to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! What a great idea! I love her answers and that she loves peas! What a sweetheart! I am going to have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mel, oh my goodness, a few things...

    1. Wherever you took those photos, it is AWESOME.

    2. Kate's outfit is absolutely adorable!

    3. The interview idea is the best ever.

    4. Kate has 3 inches on Mason but they are the same weight, lol.

    5. That girl loves her some purple. And chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This interview is absolutely adorable, I only hope I can remember all of the great ideas you've given me when I have my own kids someday!
    Her comment on wanting to be a little girl forever brought tears to my eyes, so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for your sweet comment...The interview is a great idea..will have to try that with my oldest daughter who turned 9 yesterday..oh, they grow up way too fast... Nice meeting you :) kristi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mel, thanks for your comment on my blog- so lovely to meet you!
    Your family are lovely and I have really enjoyed reading your blog.
    P.S. My little girl is also a "Kate" but with a "C"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A girl after my own heart! Cinderella first, and then Mary Poppins are my favorite Disney movies!

    Love her entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea to do this for birthdays! My little girl just turned 4 too, and I'm going to do this tomorrow. :) I made a "cousin directory" via Shutterfly a few years ago and had each cousin (there were 10 at the time) answer the same questions. It's so fun to flip through...

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea! I am going to have to remember this once GG is able to talk! These pictures are fantastic! What a great way to commemorate her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel for you on the waking up in the middle of the night thing. Easton sleeps all night, but yet my 5 year old wakes up at least once. It has gotten better now that we do this reward system with "magic coins", but I haven't slept through the night for the entire week in years!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I LOVE this idea! What a fun thing to do with your kids each year :) I'm thinking I just may have to borrow this! Your pictures are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love my family, chocolate and God too! I knew Kate and I had a lot in common! ha! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this idea! I should do this! She is darling! I love her headband and sweater! So I guess you need to go out shopping for some purple clothes mom!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this idea! I will have to try this out with my girls!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin