3.04.2009

Potty

About a month after Claire was born, I bought Kate a little pink potty to put in their bathroom. I just wanted to put it in there so that she would get used to seeing it & so she could sit on it whenever she wanted. The potty has a feature that when pee lands in the bowl of the potty, music starts playing. We have never heard the music. Kate likes sitting on it & reading books or while playing with toys. I never pressure her into sitting on it, but if she asks to go on the potty, we take off her diaper & she sits...and sits...and sits...and sits.

Today after school, we were at home eating lunch. I was watching my nephew Kyle for a couple hours & during lunch he excused himself to go potty. When he came back Kate told me she wanted to go potty in her pink potty. So, we went upstairs, took off her diaper and she sat on the potty. Less than a minute later, music starts playing! It startled me! Kate ACTUALLY went pee pee in the potty!
Kate was as shocked as I was!
We went downstairs and got her a chocolate candy & told Kyle the exciting news!
I told Kyle that Kate wouldn't have gone if it weren't for him going potty first!
Thanks Kyle!
Kate wanted to call Daddy at work and tell him what she did!
She was mostly just excited about the candy.
Claire is happy Kate went in the potty.

I am pretty sure that this was a total fluke that she actually peed in the potty, but it was fun to watch it happen for the first time. I am still not going to pressure Kate to go in the potty. To be honest, *I* am not ready to potty train her! Having 2 in diapers is not a big deal to me, it is actually quite convenient! I don't have to worry about accidents, I am take Kate on errands & the park without having to take potty breaks, etc. I am just glad that Kate is interested in sitting on it. And, she tells me whenever she poops & that she is "stinky" and needs a new diaper. It is good she is becoming aware..I suppose this is all part of the process!
We aren't going to start really potty training Kate until this summer. Summer is the plan because I will be off school & home all day, everyday. I can really focus time & energy into potting training her. I don't want to start while I am still at work because I don't want my mom or Kevin's mom to have to deal with potty training her while I am at work in the mornings. In the meantime we will still keep the pink potty in the bathroom & we won't pressure or ask Kate to use it. Whatever happens, happens!
In the meantime, I should probably read a book about potty training since we are going to start this in 3 months.
Wish me luck at the end of June! I am not looking forward to this...

3 comments:

  1. We are doing what you are doing. I am also in NO rush to potty train, it sounds like torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Thank You Very much Doctor Otonokpo for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am Cordelia Sandra from Brazil and i am putting this testimony here too because i want to share my testimony of how i was helped by Doctor Otonokpo within 48 hours of contacting him. Yes, it was last week my ex boyfriend returned to me after i contacted Doctor Otonokpo. My boyfriend was always going back to meet his ex girlfriend because he never really left her. Her name was Sophie. I didn't know how it happened one day after breakfast that i saw him looking at his ex girlfriend's picture on Facebook and I flared at him that he doesn't care about him and he was with me and still thinking about his ex although we have been dating for 6 months. He stormed at me and left the house and never returned. I was heartbroken and wanted him to come back. I was in a nightclub with friend one evening that I saw him with Sophie there, I was humiliated that night and I regretted going there only to see him there. I went online after some days and found Doctor Otonokpo and read about him and I contacted him to help me get him back. I must say that within 48 hours, my boyfriend came back to me and pleaded for leaving me. Is this how spell works so fast? Please, if you want help, contact Doctor Otonokpo too to help you at otonokpotemple@gmail.com
    Call/WhatsApp +2348114129781

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin