1.10.2016

10 on 10 :: January 2016

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}
ten on ten button

Happy 10th of January! 
We went to church on Saturday night which meant our Sunday morning was nice & slow.
Coffee in bed while watching football. Love it!
Such a sweet moment....Kate & Luke snuggling up while she reads him books. They have such a cute bond..love watching it grow.
Then I headed to the grocery store to get organized for the week. I usually do our grocery shopping on Sundays after I plan out all our meals for the week.
After I got home I prepped our dinner....Rosemary Beef Stew in the Crockpot!
The Rosemary is from our garden....it's currently the only thing I have in our garden :)

Kevin & Luke jumping on the trampoline. I am telling you, this has been the greatest gift! The kids (and us!) jump & play on it daily!
Then, I made Apple Pie...on Sunday nights we have family dinner with just the 5 of us and whatever I make for dinner the kids have to eat (they can be picky, so about a year ago, I said that on Sunday night dinner they had to eat what I made for the family, no making separate things if you didn't like what I made) I also usually reward them with some sort of homemade dessert. Tonight was my apple pie :)
While my pie was in the oven, I went on a run. I was planning on running 4 miles (I have only gone running maybe 4 or 5 times since my 1/2 marathon on December 12th. The holidays, rainy weather, going to Tahoe, getting the stomach flu, etc have kept me from running consistently. I'm hoping to get back on track & I felt great running today & ran 2 more miles than I planned & did it at an 8:30 pace. It felt so good to be running again! I've missed it!
 When I got home my Apple pie was done and then I made a couple batched of my Banana Muffins. I made 1 batch without chocolate chips (that is how Kevin prefers them) and I made a batch with chocolate chips, because the girls like those better :)
Like I mentioned on Friday's post, I am trying to get healthy snacks prepped for the kids to have after school since they are STARVING by the time they get home!

Kevin & I watched a little more football & folded laundry while the girls set up a photo shoot for their American Girl dolls. It was so cute. They used Kate's leapster as the camera.
They were very serious about this photo shoot & wouldn't let Luke come anywhere near it.

 After dinner we put the kids to bed, I showered and then I did my weekly Sunday night routine.
Every Sunday night after I shower I use my Macro Exfoliater (it gets rid of 5 million dead skin cells off your face & neck) and I also paint my nails every Sunday night. 
Tonight I painted my nails THIS color & used THESE base & top coats to prevent chips!
 People have asked the difference between the Rodan + Fields macro exfoliator and the Clarisonic.
 You use the Marcro E once a week (I use it Sunday nights because I like to start off my week with a fresh, clean face :) 
The Macro E is a deep exfoliator & removes 5 million dead skin cells in just 5 minutes.
It gives you a brighter complexion with a more even skin tone. 
The Clarisonic (or brush type tools)  is used daily and is used to get rid of debris/make up only.
Basically, the difference is vacumming vs. sweeping.

Got more questions? Want one of your own? Send me an email:
melissa_larson17(at)yahoo.com

You can get the Macro E as part of our preferred customer special.
 For all new preferred customers you get $20 cash back, 10% off your order, FREE shipping AND a FREE Lip Micro-Dermabrasion stick.

It removes dead skin cells and exfoliates flaky lip tissues in just a few swipes.

+++++++++

 Hope you had a great 10th!
 Ours was productive, it feels good to get things organized before the week starts!

Be sure and enter my FitBit Giveaway on THIS post if you haven't done so already!

6 comments:

  1. That apple pie looks amazing and woohoo to healthy eating....something we need more of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that coffee mug! Your weekend looks like it was nice and relaxing. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.gosh. That beef stew and apple pie look amazing #adoptmeplease. Love your "10"

    HashtagMomBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a cooking machine! Your beef stew looks SO good! What a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girlfriend i LOVE this post! im an avid reader and always looking for new books to read! in fact i just started an online book club and were voting for our book in feb :) come on by to vote and join up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your books read in 2015 are very similar to mine! I read Reconstructing Amelia last year - curious what you will think of it. Just finished "Inside the O'Briens" heartbreaking and so well written. Would you be willing to share your beef stew recipe? Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin