7.30.2015

Avocado, Bacon & Corn Salad

You guys.
This salad is amazing. 
I have been making it for a couple of years & can't believe I haven't blogged it yet.
Please forgive me for holding out on you ;)
It is the perfect summer salad.
Light, refreshing & super easy to make! 
It's Avocado, Bacon & Corn Salad....you can also call it ABC salad :)
Here is what you need:
 - 4 or 5 ears of corn
- 8 slices of bacon (I use Hormel Thick Cut Bacon)
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
-1/2 cup of crumbled feta
- 3 limes (for the dressing)

Cook your bacon slices (I bake mine in a 450 oven for 10-12 minutes) You can cook in a frying pan if you wish!
(Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the Bacon grease so you can saute the corn in it) 

Shuck your ears of corn:
 With a knife, cut off the kernals of corn:
 In a pan, saute the corn in the 2 T of bacon grease for about 5 minutes:
 While your corn is being sauteed, chop up your cherry tomaotes (I used red & yellow ones from my garden), chop up your bacon & your avocado.
Then, add your corn to a bowl and add the tomatoes, bacon, avocado & feta to the corn:
 Squeeze limes over salad (This is the dressing! Fresh lime juice!)
This is one of our favorite salads. It is perfect to eat on a hot summer day.
 It pairs perfectly with steak, BBQ chicken, salmon & it's really yummy for lunch the next day.
 I hope you love this salad as much as we do!
 Enjoy! 

Have a great Friday! 

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! Now I know what I'm making for a cook out tomorrow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to make this! Bacon makes everything better!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazingly delicious. Will have to try this recipe.
    I've never heard of Unblemish. Sounds like a good product for those with acne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! I tried this salad the other day and loved it. So yummy! But when I went to eat it for lunch the next day, the avocados had gone all brown, which I was worried would happen. Do you have any tips for preventing that, or do you typically serve to a large group and eat all at once?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin