11.05.2013

Halloween 2013 + A Recipe + A Winner!

I love, love, love Halloween.
We kicked off our Halloween on the 29th when we carved pumpkins, watched Charlie Brown & The Great Pumpkin and then toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
 

n
Need a pumpkin seed recipe? Check mine out {here}

Kate's sketch & pumpkin:
Claire's sketch & pumpkin:
All 3 pumpkins lit up (Kevin free-handed the one on the right. He has pumpkin carving skills)
I am all about doing "themes" for the costumes. I have pretty much done a theme for the kids every year. Earlier this year, our neighbor gave us her daughter's Dorothy costume for dress up & I knew we had to use it for Halloween. It fit Claire perfectly. And, she looks like Dorothy...brown hair, brown eyes. I found a $20 pink princess-y dress for Kate so she could be Glinda the Good witch & then I bought an adorable lion costume for Luke.
This is the best we got for a group shot. Reality.
My attempt to get a group photo......
Luke WAS NOT willing to sit for a photo. We have a lion on the go!
Seriously...how cute is Luke the Lion?
This is the best we got for a group shot. Reality.
  For the past 3 years, we have had some of our friends over for appetizers, dinner & drinks and then we all head out to our neighborhood to Trick or Treat.

Appetizers:

If you haven't made my Bacon Blue Cheese Dip, you need to. It is AMAZING.
Recipe {here}
 My friend Kelly made  delicous cucumber bites:
My friend Kristen brought a delicious Kale Salad:
 Taco Soup. I have made this EVERY Halloween for the past 10 years.
My Taco Soup recipe is {here}
 You know me.... I gotta have a dessert/treat table :)
 
Kate drew all the faces on the peaches :)
Zombie Eyeballs Recipe {here}
I made pumpkin dip for the first time ever. Oh my word. SO good.
So easy....All you do is mix together 1 block of cream cheese (at room temp),  2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin, 1 T cinammon, 1 T pumpkin pie spice. Blend together. Keep chilled until you serve it. Serve with gingersnaps.
I could have eaten the whole batch.

I always have glow sticks for the kiddos to use when we Trick or Treat. Thank you Target Dollar Spot!
All the kiddos burning off their energy from all the Halloween excitement:

Our friends who came over:

Our Wizard of Oz Family.
I wore a plaid shirt so that I was the "Scarecrow" We put a heart on Kevin's shirt as the "Tin Man"

 The kids had a blast trick or treating.
When we got back to our court, all our neighbors were hanging out. So fun.
It was one of the best Halloween's yet!
Hope you had a fun & safe Halloween!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And, the winner of the Crockpot Giveaway is:
#362 Julie
Leave me a comment with your email address!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10 comments:

  1. So fun! And I use your pumpkin seed recipe every year. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Halloween too! Great costumes!
    I've made your blue cheese crack dip for the past 2 (or 3?) Christmases and I have to fight everyone off to get my fair share. SO. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you seriously throw the best parties! I must make that blue cheese bacon dip...and soon! Maybe for Christmas or Thanksgiving or heck, just because!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live next door to you!! I really, really, really, really do!!! Such a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to theme costume my girls, too! They were Care Bears this year...my husband and I, however, weren't Care Bears. I don't know that I could have talked him in to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the details! Where did you find those food labels?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all the yummy food and your court wow. We just moved but maybe we should have moved 2 hours more to your fun court. You have such fun friends!!
    I love the cute costumes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if another Julie entered...lol but my name is Julie and my e-mail is thebingers5@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Wizard of Oz costumes!
    The dessert table looks so yummy--cute peaches, oranges, and bananas :)
    I want to try that pumpkin dip.
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooooooooooo FUN! And yes, Luke the Lion is absolutely PRECIOUS! The whole family was!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin