5.06.2013

S'mores Cookie Bars

 Stop what you are doing and make these. Now.
For Reals.
You need these S'mores Cookie Bars in your life.
I have been playing around with this recipe for a few weeks & I am happy to say after 3 attempts, it has been perfected (in my humble opinion!)
Marshmallows & Chocolate in cookie form? Yes, Please.

 Here is what you need:
  •  1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve of graham crackers)
  • 1/2 stick of butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup of mini marshmallows, divided
  • 1 Milk Chocolate Hershey Bar 
Directions:
Combine 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs with 1/2 stick of melted butter
(Sometimes I use the pre-made graham cracker crumbs, sometimes I make my own graham cracker crumbs using 1 sleeve graham crackers (I crush them with a rolling pin & a ziplock bag)
Press the graham cracker crumbs/melted butter mixture in the bottom of an 8x8 pan:
 Cream sugars & 1 stick of butter:
 Add egg & vanilla.
Add in flour, salt & baking soda. Mix it all together.
 Then, add your 1 cup of chocolate chips & 1/2 cup of marshmallows.
 Mix until combined.
 Don't you want to lick that batter?
 Yum, Yum, Yum.
 Now, get a cookie scoop (or spoon) and drop spoonfuls of dough onto the crust:
 It doesn't have to be perfect, as it bakes the dough will even out.
 Sometimes I use a spatula to combine/smooth out the dough (Cause I am slightly OCD)
 Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
 While it is baking, break up your Hershey Bar into pieces. 
After 10-12 minutes, add the Hershey bar pieces onto your dough:
 Then, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows on top:
 Bake for an additional 10 minutes (or until cooked all the way through)
Cook until a toothpick comes out clean....Don't overbake!!!  
(Total baking time is about 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees)
Let the pan cool for 1-2 hours before you cut them up into squares. 
  They are SO good. Dangerously good.
Seriously. I could eat the whole pan (and I am not even THAT big of a S'mores fan...but these? Yum!!!)
 Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week for Kate & Claire's schools (and this week is Teacher Appreciation Week for my school) so, I made these bars for the girls teachers with a cute tag.

Click HERE for the Free Printable I made.
Perfect for a teachers gift!
******************************

And, the winner of the $50 Shabby Apple Gift Card is:
 #8, Alysia!!!
Congrats! Leave me a comment with your email address! 


******************************

Even if you didn't win,  hope these S'mores Bars make your Monday a little bit sweeter!
Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks for making me feel better on Friday when I shared my Most Embarrassing Moment EVER. I am still able to laugh about it.

17 comments:

  1. I made these back in nov for my daughters birthday. They were soooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw something similar on Pinterest and I want to make them for when the kids get out of school. Now that you've done all of the testing I am going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing. And enjoy your teacher appreciation week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's me!!!!! What an awesome giveaway! Being pregnant with my forth I am very much looking forward to buying "real" clothes again! Ps... We have 2 girls and 1 boy.... Same spacing as you!
    My email address is alysia@bandrcustom.com
    Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum oh yum! These looks like perfection! Pinning for later... our nephews will love these!!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm mine are in the oven right now! I cannot wait! S'more desserts are fun in the summer! Thanks for sharing and perfecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel! I have made these probably half a dozen times since you posted it. People are amazed when I do. I have to cook mine longer, but they are dangerous! About to make them again for Father's Day bbq! I just love them. Thanks for the recipe. And thank you for showing lots of pics when you do recipes. They really help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, I made these for 3 different groups in the last week and they were a huge hit. LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are soooo good! Wish they made a bigger pan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made these last night and they are incredible! I'm not typically big into bars but these are an exception! Thanks for sharing! You have definitely perfected this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I wanted to make a 9*13 pan would I just double the recipe? How long would I bake it for?

    ReplyDelete
  11. can any part of these be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin