8.20.2010

The Summer List in Pictures

Summer is officially over.
I have been back at school for a couple of days getting my classroom ready.
Students come on Monday. *sigh*
I thought I would re-cap our Summer List Picture Style.
Did we complete everything on our list? No. Not even close!
But, we still had a great summer!
Here is our checked off list:
Here is the summer list in pictures!
1. Go to Lake Tahoe:
and have Christmas:
2. Make a polka dot (funfetti) cake:
we actually made a polka dot cake and cupcakes!
3. Go to the zoo:
We went twice!
Here
and Here.
4. Music Class
5. Walk Downtown for Pink Bagels
6. Make Coffee Cake
7. Go to Dance Class
(didn't happen..maybe this Fall or Winter)

8. Learn how to swim
(didn't happen...hopefully next summer, although both girls are very comfortable in the water)

9. Have a pool party in our backyard (we had several!)
10. Help Jimmy make homemade ice cream
(We didn't help him make it this year, but we sure did eat some!)

11. Go to the 4th of July parade
12. Make chocolate dipped pretzels:
So good & so easy to make!
13. Make S'mores
14. Watch a movie outside
(didn't happen...hopefully this Fall...or next summer!)

15. Have a picnic
Not just any picnic...a Chinese food picnic!
16. Mommy & Kate go on a date
17. Go on Jimmy's Boat
(didn't happen...maybe this Fall or next Spring/Summer)

18. Go to the Fair
19. Farmers Market
(we went several times! Love it!)
20. Play Soccer
21. Paint a Flower Pot
with a purple flower, of course!
22. Sleepover at Grandma's
(I don't have any pictures of this, but they had 3 sleepovers at Grandma's this summer!)

So, we completed 17 out of 22 items on our list.
That is a 77% or C+ for all you teachers out there!
(just trying to get myself back in the school mode! ha!)

It has been a great summer!
Kevin said this has been one of his favorite summer's in a while.
It has also been the coldest summer in over 40 years.
We have only gone in our pool TWICE in the month of August!
It didn't even reach triple digits this summer!
That is just UNHEARD of.
The weather has just been cold, in the 70's mostly.
I bet September & October are going to be hot. ugh.

I hope you all had a great summer full of memories with your family & friends!
Now...Bring on the Fall!!!!!

Linking up with I heart faces on 9-7-10

27 comments:

  1. You guys did great!! I can't believe how cold its been for you guys, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We haven't completed our whole list either but we do have a bit more time to squeeze a few more things in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did pretty darn well on your list! lots of fun activities! even if you don't do them all, it's great to have the goals and be intentional so that all of a sudden you're not like, oh, summer's over and we didn't do anything. it helps you remember what you DID do too! :) good luck with your school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw that's awesome! I love the list idea. I will have to start that with my little Noah. Loved seeing all you did this summer with the girls. :) they 're so cute!

    Hope you all have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking you actually got an A+. That looks like an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 17 out of 22 is great! The outdoor movie would be super fun, and even though "summer" is pretty much over, there will be lots of warm evenings left to cross a couple more off your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like ya'll had a great summer! I hope your school year is just as great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this post!!

    And I'm with you - thinking it's going to be a hot Fall. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun! how is it that summer just flies by. hope you have a great and smooth transition monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys did great! I think we may need a list next summer..my kids have been back in school since the 10th :( the first week was AWFUL!! But last week was much better, thankfully!
    It has been pretty mild here too, and I agree it'll will probably be super hot when its supposed to be Fall :) I'm ready for some candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to make a list! I'm saving this idea for next summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea!!!! You did a great job and can maybe finish the list by this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an action-packed, fun-filled summer even if it does only earn a C+. Love chocolate covered pretzels. We like to make them for Christmas gifts.


    Hope your back to school went well. We're still off for a few more weeks. ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pictures. I am going to have to copy this post and do one in a few weeks...when our summer comes to an end to.

    Good Luck with your first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again, I am sooo jealous of the cold weather! Can I come visit next summer?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Success! Looks like a perfectly awesome summer. On another note, we had to postpone our ice cream social party due to a sprinker system problem. Our yard was all torn up and not safe for my plans! Can't wait to use the awesome creations, though - and I will send pics... even if it's next summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you accomplished a ton from your list and you and the girls had a fabulous time doing it. How wonderful! Ugh, I wish it was in the 70s here, it has been UNBEARABLE!!! I guess they don't call it Hotlanta for nothing... any time you want a taste of the heat, fly the family to the east coast and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though you gave your self a C+, still looked like a GREAT summer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the photos with the list!
    :)

    we had 31 checked off and 11 left on back to school day. so....you can tell me the percentage if you want.
    i didn't do well in math class.

    ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go knocking things off of your summer list!
    I hope it's been okay going back to work. That first week is always hard I am sure. Good luck! Hope you've got some great students this year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a creative idea! Make a things to do list for summer. I wish I had done this when my children were younger. Love the pictures and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute pics, looks like a full & fun summer. Dropping by from I ♥ Faces.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, how fun! What a great idea. You guys did a wonderful job on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is incredible. Visiting from I heart faces...you look like you had an incredible summer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! I LOVE your list and the photographs to go with. Beautiful girls, fun summer, lucky Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! What a clever list idea and fun photos. Your girls are absolutely DARLING.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Nice Information, Photo, Good lesson, If you See pre schools near your place.If you are looking for best and suitable preschools for your child in USA than visit PreschoolsNearMe Here you can get to know about the top preschools located in various cities. Furthermore, highly reviewed preschools and daycare are listed over here. Visit preschoolsnearme.com now to find best preschool for your child now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin