8.23.2010

Of course.

Of course we are getting a heat wave the first week of school.
Of course.

We haven't hit triple digits all summer.
But today? On the first day of school? 100 degrees.
Of course.

The coldest summer in Nor Cal in over 40 years and now we are getting a heat wave.
Of course.

Right now, it is 10 o'clock at night & it is still 80 degrees outside.
Of course.

Do you want to see our weather forecast for the next few days?
Yes, you read that right. It is supposed to be 106 degrees tomorrow.
And, 102 the next day.
Then it slowly drops so that it is in the 70's for the weekend.
Seriously? What is up with this crazy-town weather?

I decided that even though school started today (which went great by the way, so far it seems as though I have a really nice group of students! Ask me again in a month. ha!) and because the weather was so hot, I would just pretend it was still summer.
So, when I got home from school this afternoon, we went suited up, lathered on the sunscreen and went swimming in the backyard!
And, you know what?
For an hour while we swam, it felt like I was still on summer break.
I am just glad we are finally getting summer weather!
Even if it did arrive about 3 months too late!
I have a feeling we will be swimming a lot this week!
I want to get as much use out of the pool as we can!

12 comments:

  1. I hear ya Mel... it's been pretty damn miserable down here too. I am jealous your week ends in the 70's!

    Your pool looks heavenly!

    Claire looks sooo grown up in the pic where she is climbing on the palm tree floatie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl.. we have had like 20 days straight of over 100 degree weather. no lie. It has been soooo HOT here in Fort Worth. Im not sure I can stand much more of it.

    It's nice ya'll have a pool! looks like you all had a lot of fun swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...we might be crashing your house tomorrow after school! We could go swimming in our pool, but I'd have to sport being really preggo and it will probably be packed tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with "Bonjour Family" is it miserable in Houston! I can't wait for a few days in the 70's. It will feel like heaven. And that pool looks amazing; wish I could jump in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya on the triple digit heat, but it's been that way here for over two months already. What I can get used to is the humidity that has followed in the past 3 weeks. 110*plus + humidty = heat indexes over 120. NO BUENO!!!
    And of course my a.c. died this morning. It's already 86 inside my house. uuugghhh.
    But yay for you and your awesome class this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it that they can use "excessive heat" and "unseasonably cool" in the same forecast?! Craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pictures! The pool looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right there with you, my friend. Summer went by tooooooo fast and I think it is because the weather out here in CA was stinky. We start next week and I am sure it will be the same. We are hitting the pool tonight too! Great minds think alike, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so jealous that you are going to have cooler weather this weekend. we're having another excessive heat warning. yuck!

    so glad to hear that the start of school went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep of course! and then on the weekend when the kids are home all day its not hot enough to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for warmer temps! I am so over the heat here it is not even funny. I have naturally curly hair and the humidity makes it look like a boston fern, not pretty. Enjoy your fun in you pool, what a great way to unwind at the end of a school day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Nice Information, Photo, Good lesson, If you See pre schools near your place.If you are looking for best and suitable preschools for your child in USA than visit PreschoolsNearMe Here you can get to know about the top preschools located in various cities. Furthermore, highly reviewed preschools and daycare are listed over here. Visit preschoolsnearme.com now to find best preschool for your child now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin