5.25.2018

Life Lately

Life Lately has been BUSY!!!
This past month has been busy, busy, busy.
I am so behind on blogging, because LIFE.
When I look back on the past 30 days, I am like "WHOA"....life has been crazy.
Not to mention life in May, especially when you are a teacher and a mom of school aged kids. 
 
May is always a busy time of year because it's the end of the school year (and Kevin & I both have May birthdays) but this May has been even busier because we went on a few trips, so here is a sneak peek of our life lately....

Make sure you read to the end of this post so you can see the not so glorious side of Life Lately.

We had a weekend in Yosemite for Claire's Adventure Guides tribe. It's a Father Daughter activity/tribe & 3rd grade is when you graduate. She has been in the tribe since Kindergarten and every year they do a celebration ceremony in Yosemite for all the 3rd graders & their families so we couldn't miss it. 
 If you haven't been to Yosemite before, add it to your MUST SEE list.

There is nothing like it....pictures don't even do it justice. 
It is MAJESTIC. We hiked to Yosemite Falls...it was 11 miles round trip & the views were spectacular....you can see Half Dome on the left:
I could fell the spray of the falls from where I was standing taking this photo:
 Just incredible.

Right after Yosemite,  Kevin and I went to Cancun for 5 days & it was amazing.
 I promise to blog this trip & let you know where we stayed, what we did, where we ate....maybe some of you are going to Cancun this summer, so I would love to share our experience! Look at this view!!

On Cinco de Mayo we were back home in California and I ran the Mermaid Half Marathon. It wasn't my best time, but it wasn't my worst time. It felt good to run a Half Marathon again.
I made a "resolution" this year to start running again. It had been 2 years since I ran a Half Marathon & I just love that distance. It hurts so good!! 

We had a nice Mothers Day Weekend...we had my family over on Saturday night for a BBQ.
We had ribs, broccoli/kale salad & I made my Caprese Orzo Salad.

It was a warm night & we hung out by our firepit and watched the Giants game.
Wonderful night with family.

On Sunday Kevin & the kids brought me donuts and coffee in bed.
I love Luke's poster he made me!
Hysterical...only one of them is correct....we do go on dates together. I think he meant play video games rather than watch video games :)
I told Kevin for Mother's Day all I wanted to do was sleep in, go on a run & then get a mani/pedi.
I didn't need flowers or gifts :)
It was a great day!


 May Birthday Bunco was last week. So thankful for these ladies (and a few who couldn’t make it)We have been watching each season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette together on Monday nights since our 3rd graders were in Kindergarten. 
5 of us have May birthdays (all born between May 20th- May 30th!!) 
We celebrated our birthdays with May Birthday Bunco!
So much fun.  

I did these Llama decorations because one of my friends loves Llamas :)
Banner // Plates // Napkins
Bunco last week week....Bachelorette starts next week! Can't wait!
Do you play Bunco? I love it!

I also wanted to let you know about my May Rodan + Fields Special! You will get MY pricing.
ACT NOW....One Week Remaining for the AMP MD System May Promotion....you can save over 20%.

Time is Ticking on the Limited -Time opportunity to score the AMP MD System. 
This offer is good for NEW and CURRENT customers!

I love the AMP roller....I call it the wrinkle eraser ;)

It works wonders on your neck as well!

I use the AMP Roller for 1 minute each night, it's super easy to use!

 Not only is this offer the fast track toward firmer, younger-looking skin!
SAVE an additional 20% off the already reduced bundle price of a REDEFINE or REVERSE AMP It Up Special.

Exclusive Special ends May 31st.
Not only will you get these extra savings, you also get a FREE essentials item!

I love our Essentials items....you get your choice of our Daily Body Moisturizer, SPF 30 Body Sunscreen, SPF 25 Lip Shield or our AMAZING Sunless Tanner.....which sells out every Spring/Summer....get yours now before it's too late!
 Even if you don't order the AMP roller or AMP roller bundle, you will still get 20% off ANY product and a FREE essentials item.
 PLUS, you will get $20 cash back and FREE shipping!
This deal also works on LASH BOOST!!

What's your biggest skin concern? I am here to help!

We have products for all skin types.
Take THIS quick 5 question survey to find out what products are best for your skin type.
All our products, indluding the AMP Roller come with a 60 day, empty bottle 100% money back guarantee! 
Email me to place an order or if you have questions!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com


Last weekend my niece graduated from college in Southern California, so we headed south for her graduation. We extended our trip and went to Universal Studios Hollywood because our kids were dying to go to Harry Potter World there.

After a fun day at Universal Studios Hollywood, we took a slight detour to our hotel so that we could check another mission of our list. Mission San Gabriel Archangel, which is Mission #18 of 21 for Larson California Mission Adventures!
  This Mission is in the middle of the town & is still an active church and while we were there, a mass (or church event) was going on so we didn’t go in the chapel. 
Only 3 more Missions to go! Hoping to visit them this summer!
Last Spring Break, we drove to Santa Barbara and saw 10 California Missions on that Road Trip
You can read about it {HERE}.
We saw a couple more throughout the year.
Then, this Spring Break we drove to San Diego to see even more Missions (and Legoland and SD Zoo)
You can read about that Road Trip {Part 1 HERE} and {Part 2 HERE}
 
We also surprised the kids with a few days at Disney.
I promise to blog that trip also. 
 It was our best Disney trip yet & I can't wait to share my tips and tricks.


This post has definitely shown you the highlights of our Life Lately the past month, but let me assure you, while we were having fun, TONS of things have gotten neglected. 
Exhibit A:
I am sure you have seen this meme going around:
This is SO me right now.   
I haven't had time to do proper grocery shopping. 
I kid you not...we drove home from Disney at 6pm earlier this week. It is a 6 hour drive home, which meant we got home at midnight. I knew that we had NO food at home for their school lunches, so when we stopped for dinner at In N Out on the way home, there was a gas station/mini mart next to it, so I went into the mini mart and got the kids things for lunch the next day. I purchased Pop Tarts, Granola Bars, Cheez-its, Oreos & apple sacue squeezers. 
YEP. That was their lunch. 
#momoftheyear

Exhibit B:
My house is a complete and utter disaster. Here is our luggage that has been here all week:
 Also note the laundry basket. That is CLEAN laundry that has been sitting there since Tuesday. Haven't even attempted to fold it. I have another load in the dryer getting all wrinkled as well.

My kitchen with dishes in the sink & junk all over the counters....
Laundry Room....love that I still have Easter Baskets on there. Wasn't Easter almost 2 months ago? YUP.

Not pictured:
Piles of my kids school work/papers on the dining room table that I need to sort
My bedroom with a pile of clothes in the corner
My bathroom with all my toiletries STILL in the travel bag
The kids rooms....straight up DISASTER. 
Luke's room covered in Legos all over the floor. 
My floors....so dirty & need of mopping. 
The list goes on and on.
I have a cleaning lady come once a month to do deep cleaning, but she hasn't come since March because she hurt her back, so there is a nice layer of dust & grime all over my house.

Life Lately has been really, really, really fun.
But it has also been chaotic & unorganized because of all the fun.
I have dropped the ball on many things, like housework.
We've worked in our backyard & it looks great...but inside? Looking rough...LOL.
Hoping to re-group this weekend and get our house organized because next week is CRAZY as well.
Next week is the last week of school and we have my birthday, the 5th grade play, class parties for all 3 kids, my grades are due and I need to grade 130 homework packets, 130 end of year projects & 130 End of year math finals, we have the 5th grade awards ceremony,  5th grade promotion & my nieces high school graduation.  I need to get gifts for my kids teachers & the office staff at their school. I am sure there is more I am forgetting.
Oh, and then we are out of town for a wedding next weekend, so if I don't get my house under control this week, it won't happen until JUNE 4th!!!! 
Deep breaths :)

So, there you have it...Life Lately with a side of keeping it real! 
Hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. So many trips and so much fun. i love the reality that life isn't perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep it so real. This is REAL moms in May everywhere. Great post and looks like y'all have had a fun filled May with family which is what matters most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, you have been busy! Making memories is more important than a clean house. I'm not big into llamas but love those party plates and napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin