1.16.2018

45 Books in 2017

I don't know about you, but I LOVE to read.
Reading is one of my favorite hobbies & I try and read each night before I go to bed.
My goal for 2017 was to read 50 books. I didn't quite make it. I read 45 books this year!
Here is a recap of the books I read....







 

Favorite Author I discovered in 2017:
I read 8 of her books in 2017.
She has 9 other books, so I am hoping to read some of those this year.

Favorite Book I read in 2017: 

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
Hands down the best book I read in 2017.
Whenever someone is looking for a book recommendation, I tell them to read this book. 
You need to add it to your list of books to read!

Least Favorite Books: 
This book isn't bad, but I read a lot of amazing books in 2017. The author is Joy Felding, and I like the other books I have read by her. This book was just okay. 

Yeah, I know. Everyone raved about this book. I was underwhelmed....maybe because I had too high of expectations? The first 150 are reallllllly slow. It took me forever to read it. The ending was good, but overall....Eh.

Book that made me cry:
In 2016 more than half the books I read made me cry (I read a ton of Historical Fiction books based on WW2 era & they made me cry)
For 2017, I wanted to read more light hearted books. I  read a lot of  "beach reads" & also susupensful/pyschological thrillers in 2017, so not a lot of tears were shed with the books I read in 2017.
The book that did make me cry?
You guessed it.... It Ends with Us
Other books that made me cry are Secrets of a Charmed LifeThe Mother's Promise...both fantastic books. 

Book that made me laugh:
This was a feel good book & an easy read! 


Book that made me smile:
This book made me smile & also cry. One of the best books I read in 2017.

 Loved learning more about Chip & JoJo and how Magnolia started. If you love Fixer Upper, you will LOVE this book. It was fun to get to know them :)

Best series I read in 2017:
 This is easy....hands down the Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson
In 2016,  I  started book 1 the first week of summer. 
By the end of the summer, I had read ALL 15 books in the series.
I'm slightly embarrassed by that.
But, they are SO good.
You must read them in numerical order.
And, they are based in San Francisco & the Bay Area, so that is fun.
I was so obsessed with these books that when I finished book 14 when I was in Lake Tahoe, I couldn't wait to get book 15, but I didn't have internet to buy it for my kindle on Amazon, so I went to one of the libraries in Tahoe, got myself a library card for that library and checked it out so I could read it.
That's how good this series is.
Book 16 came out in 2017 & I read it in 1 day! I LOVE this series.
Check out the series HERE.

Book 17 is coming out next month, can't wait to read it!
Kevin also loves this series, he is on Book 10. 

A new series I read in 2017 was Colleen Hoover's Slammed series. There are 3 books & they are wonderful. Great story and great characters. Here is the order of the books:


Book that surprised me:
I love a plot twist....here are some books that surprised me! I recommend all of them!

Biggest Beach/Fluff Read: 

Both of those books are by Elin Hildebrand & I loved them both. 

Book I couldn't put down:
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
  16th Seduction by James Patterson
The Mother's Promise by Sally Hepworth
The Identicals by Elin Hildebrand

All of those books I finished in 1 or 2 days each...they were that good!


Most likely to recommend:
It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. Like I mentioned before....I tell everyone about this book!
  The Women's Murder Club Series by James Patterson....you have 16 books that you get to read and all of them are great.
Author I want to read more from in 2018:
Colleen Hoover ( I read 8 of her books in 2017, can't wait to read her other 9 books)
Mary Kubica (I read her 3  books in 2016 & loved them all. She came out with a new one a few months ago and I can't wait to read it)
James PattersonI love his Women's Murder Club Series so much, so I am going to read more of his books...I think he has written over 60 books, so I am going to read more of them. He has an Alex Cross series that I want to read....has anyone read it?
Susan Meissner In 2016, I read A Fall of Marigolds (loved it!!!) and in 2017 I read Secrets of a Charmed Life (really liked this book as well) She has a handful of additional books & I want to read some of them this year.


 In 2016, I read 60 books. You can see the books I read in 2016 on THIS post.
In 2015, I read 35 books. You can see the books I read in 2015 on THIS post.


I have already finished 1 book in 2018....The Lying Game by Ruth Ware (She also wrote The Women in Cabin 10In dark, dark wood)


I would LOVE to hear YOUR recommendations!
 What are your FAVORITE books of 2017?
What books do you recommend that I add to my reading list in 2018?

Can't wait to hear your suggestions & what some of your favorite books are! 
 I read a ton of the books you guys have suggested in the past, so THANK YOU!
Book nerds unite :)

15 comments:

  1. I read 29 books this year. Ugh - hate ending at 29 and not making it to 30! lol. I love reading too. My top 3 for the year were A Mother's Promise, It Ends With Us, and One True Loves. Check out my 2017 book review - http://mcculloughfive.blogspot.com/2018/01/2017-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge colleen hoover fan too. It Ends with Us was my fave for last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave was The Dry by Aaron Falk. Loved it!!!!

    Design by Sydnee | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite books of 2017 were Down A Dark Road (the 9th book in the Kate Burkholder mystery series) by Linda Castillo (love this series so much!), Wonder by R.J. Palacio, and The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney. J.P. Delaney is coming out with a second book this year called The Perfect Wife and I can't wait to read that.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also recommend Mystic Summer by Hannah McKinnon and Shaken by Tim Tebow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We read the exact same sort of books, so I’m super confident in recommending Lilac Girls to you. It’s set in WWII and based on real people. It was a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also read and like the same exact books you do. Lilac Girls was astounding. Stuck with me for a long time.

      Delete
  7. Everything We Keep and Everything we Left behind by Kerry Lonsdale. 3 books in a series but #3 isn't out yet book 1 and 2 I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished booked #6 in the Women's Murder Club and I seriously have loved them all!! Also, It Ends with Us is one of my all time favorites and I recommend it to everyone, too. Recently I read Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate and it has over 4,500 reviews on Amazon, 80% of which are 5 star ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of these books are on my TBR list.. it's great to see what you liked and not..

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Good Girl- Mary Kubica
    The Good Daughter- Karin Slaughter
    One true Loves- Taylor Jenkins Reid
    Brofer We Were Yours- LIsa Wingate
    Rebecca Donovan- Reason to Breath series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly Corrigan, Tell Me More. She also wrote The Middle Place, Glitter and Glue, and Lift. She's an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am right behind you with Colleen Hoover; I haven’t read Maybe Someday but I did read Hopeless. It did not disappoint! It Ends With Is takes the cake for everything, always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We like a lot of the same books! I read 64 last year, and liked or loved most of the books I picked up. My faves from 2017 were:
    - "The Kind Worth Killing" by Peter Swanson (psychological suspense, excellent book, quite a twist in there)
    - "The Marriage Lie" by Kimberly Belle (couldn't put it down, I HAD to know how it would all end)
    - "The Good Widow" by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke (this fit the bill for being both the perfect beach read, and also unputdownable - I HAD to know how it would end, too!)
    - "If You Only Knew" and "On Second Thought", both by Kristan Higgins. (Loved both of these)
    - "Everything You Want Me To Be" by Mindy Mejia (another one I couldn't put down)
    - "Until I Met Her" by Natalie Barelli (this one was so good - you get inside the head of someone as they sort of go crazy, and it's fascinating. As despicable as her actions are, in this book and it's sequel, you find yourself rooting for her, and occasionally laughing out loud. I liked the second one, "After He Killed Me", even more than the first one, and that is saying a lot. Fun reads!)
    - "Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah (for a book that will make you cry, and if you enjoyed "The Nightingale", you will enjoy this one, too).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you read Taylor Jenkins Reid? Her latest "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" is fantastic! One of my favorite of 2017. Her others are great too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin