7.21.2017

2017 Garden {Month 2} + An Amazing DEAL!

It's been a little over 2 months since we planted our 2017 Garden so I thought I would do another garden update.
I love this quote....so true! Ha! 
 My favorite part of my garden is my tomatoes....I plant 10 tomato plants each year :)

Here is what our 2017 garden looked like when I first planted it:
And, here it was a month later:
 And here is it TWO Months after planting it:
Here is what has been going on in the garden.....my tomato plants are growing like CRAZY! 
Box #1 
 Early Girl Tomatoes:
I planted 5 Early Girl plants
Tons of green tomatoes, but they haven't turned red...yet.
By this time last year, I already several Early Girls turn red, this year we have only a couple orange colored ones:
In the next week these orange ones should be ready to eat!
These are the best on sandwiches, hamburgers or Caprese Salad. YUM!

Box #2
This plant has a variety of 5 different types of cherry tomatoes.
I have yellow pear tomatoes:

Sun Sugar:
Super Sweet 100....we've had some red ones :)
 Sun Gold:

This year for the first time, I planted green cherry heirloom tomatoes:
I thought they were doing great, then I looked at the bottom of them...

 UGH.
If you see a dark, rotting spot on the bottom of your tomatoes, it's blossom-end rot. This problem, caused by a calcium deficiency, can be solved a few ways. When tomatoes, peppers, melons, and eggplant develop a sunken, rotten spot on the end of the fruit, the cause came long before you found the problem. 
This happened to some of my Early Girl tomato plants a couple years ago, so  I ordered some of THIS spray  to help with the bottom rot. It works great!
 
Box #3
This is the box where I plant my herbs, onions, lettuce, squash & zucchini:
Zuchinni has been out of control....I pick 5 or 6 a week.
Same with the squash!
You can see my Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe that I posted the other day HERE
It's SO good!

Around the garden boxes, I planted some plants that are vines:
Watermelon:
Cantaloupe:
Pumpkins:
The view from how are garden looked from this direction 2 months ago at the beginning of May:
 
  One month later in June:  
  And, 2 months after we planted it in July:
 It's so fun to see the garden grow...my kids love heading out to the garden each morning to see what we can harvest each day!
 They love picking the cherry tomatoes off the vine & eating them right there in the garden!
What is your favorite thing to plant/eat in your garden?
Happy Gardening!

+++++++++++++++++
Just a friendly reminder that the $250 Nordstrom Gift Card Giveaway ends TONIGHT!
Click HERE to enter if you haven't entered yet!

ALSO, I just got an email from Rodan + Fields about a new deal that starts NOW!
Attention anyone who travels or love teeny tiny, cute things! I'm SO excited! TRAVEL SIZE REGIMENS ARE HERE....and they're FREE!!! 
But only for a limited time while supplies last...so grab it while you can!
FREE TSA APPROVED travel size regimen when you bundle any regimen w/Active Hydration Serum!
 These will NOT last! Don't miss your chance! I just ordered my Reverse one! 
This is good for NEW and CURRENT Customers!!
Contact me ASAP to get yours ordered today!
Message me or email me:
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com


3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks amazing! I wish we lived nearby...would love to take some veggies off your hand...lol.

    www.tulipsandpersimmon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, can you send me some zucchini? Lol. The ones here in GA are pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin