5.23.2017

Instant Pot Easiest Dinner Ever

My Easiest Dinner Ever recipe just got easier.
This is one of my go-to all time favorite Crock Pot recipes.
This is the most viewed  & pinned recipe on my blog. 
It has been viewed over 1.5 million times! What?!?!
And it's the most controversial post on my blog....You either love it or your hate it :)
I posted this recipe exactly 6 years ago to the day, so in honor of that it's time to give you the Instant Pot version of this recipe!
When I got my  last Fall, I knew I needed to convert the Easiest Dinner Ever to an Instant Pot recipe. I have gotten several emails from some of you asking to convert this to the Instant Pot! Now, instead of taking 4-6 hours in the Crock Pot, it takes under 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Here is what you need:
 - 2.5 lb Bag of frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins (or Chicken Breasts)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (don't use Fat Free! 1/3 less fat or regular is fine)
- Can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed (or Pinto Beans if you prefer)
- Can of Corn, drained
- Can of Rotel (we use original or hot)
***You can also add a dry packet of ranch dressing or taco seasoning***


Directions:
Add the bag of frozen chicken tenderloins, can of drained black beans, can of drained corn and rotel (not drained) to your Instant Pot:
Give everything a big stir:
  Then put the lid on your Instant Pot turn the knob to SEALING:
 Turn to high on manual setting and cook for 20 minutes (if using chicken breasts, cook for 25 minutes)
 When time is up, let it do a natural release for 10 minutes. If there steam left, do a manual release.
Open the lid.
 You can shred the chicken now if you want, or wait until later. 
Add the block of cream cheese, give everything a stir.
 Put the lid back on and you should be on "Keep Warm" Mode.
 Keep the lid on & let it warm for 10 minutes. The cream cheese will get nice and melted & it will look like this when you open the lid:
 Use 2 forks to shred the chicken right there in the Instant Pot:
I serve this over brown rice (or sometimes cauliflower rice)
 I garnish it with fresh salsa, guacamole & cilantro (from my garden!) 
 It makes a lot, it feeds 6-8 adults. You could have it for dinner a couple nights & for lunch.
When we have it on a leftover day, sometimes I combine the rice & the cream cheese chicken mixture and use it for burritos. Add a tortilla, some lettuce, cheese & salsa.
Easy. Good. Healthy.
And, you could use pinto beans instead of black beans.
Make a tostada, a rice bowl or burritos.
So many options!

All these years later and I don't even have a name for it.
I sometimes call it Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken
or Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken.
But, mostly I call it the Easiest Dinner Ever....because it is!
Call it whatever you want. It is yummy & so easy to make!
Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my heart! This looks SO good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make your Easiest Dinner Ever at least 1-2 a month for my family!
    Can't wait to try it in the IP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friend's gave me this recipe, and I make it with a dry packet of Ranch. We love having it heaped over rice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about this! We just got an instant pot from our in laws, so I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done something similar to this but not with cream cheese. I'll have to try it that way next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've always called it fiesta chicken & experiment with favors: peppers, onions, garlic, lime, etc. it's good any way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make this quite often & I'm so excited to see the IP conversion since I don't have many IP recipes yet. Now I don't have to set this up in the morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried your easiet dinner ever in a crockpot and wasn't a huge fan - but i might change my mind when i use my instant pot maybe??!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to make this with veggie ground. Not sure what Rotel is though. Have to google.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to make your crock pot version all the time so I am thrilled to see an instant pot one :-) My only request would be for you to put the ingredients and directions all in one recipe section to make this easier to print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please make a 1 sheet printable recipe! When a recipe doesn't have an easy way to print it, I just go to the next! Many people in my group complain about that too.

      Delete
  11. Truth be told, I wager you can in light of the fact that despite the fact that something as straightforward as incredible administration doesn't appear to emerge in your mind when you leave; as it is typically the sustenance. dunkin donuts coffee jug

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been one of my favorite recipes for years! I would eat it at least weekly, but unfortunately my husband is over it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made your recipe for many years, and it's STILL one of our favorites!!! (We call it "chicken stuff".)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin