- I've mentioned it before, but I am a cookie snob.
- The perfect cookies need to be soft, with a slight crisp around the edge.
- They better not be over cooked & crunchy!
- My favorite type of cookie is Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, so in honor of that, I wanted to share my current favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
They are THAT good.
Here is what you need:
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1 T vanilla
¾ t baking soda
1 t salt
3 cups flour
1 package Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 package of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
(You can do 1 package of semi-sweet & a half package of milk chocolate if you prefer...I like milk chocolate better, so that is why I use that ratio. You could use all semi sweet or all milk chocolate chips, just make sure you use a total of 1.5 bags of chocolate chips)
Sea Salt for the top of the cookies
Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.Stir until combined.
Add dry ingredients & Mix in chocolate chips......I love this recipe because it calls for TONS of chocolate chips!
Use a cookie scoop (THIS is the one I have)
Drop onto a cookie sheet:
Then take the sea salt....
Pour some into your palm....
And then sprinkle some Sea Salt onto the top of the cookie dough:
The sea salt adds a fun element to the taste of the cookie.
Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.
Let cookies cool slightly & enjoy!
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
You need these cookies in your life :)
If you want to make other types of Chocolate Chips Cookies in honor of Chocolate Chip Cookie day , here are some of our favorites:
Happy Friday & Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!