2.10.2015

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn {Valentine Edition}

One of my girls favorite after school snacks is popcorn.
I make them popcorn several times a week.
At Kate's Pizzeria Party, we had Popcorn with sprinkles in it and it was a big hit!
Then, my mom told me about some Peanut Butter Popcorn that one of her friends made & she told me the girls would love it.
So, I decided to make up a little Valentine Popcorn Snack for my girls this week.
Here is what you need:
- 2 packages of microwave popcorn (I used homestyle because it isn't too buttery)
- 12 oz of White Chocolate Chips or White Almond Bark
-  3/4 cup Peanut Butter (I use Skippy Natural)
- Valentine M&M's
-Valentine Sprinkles

Pop 2 bags of Microwave Popcorn & pour them into a bowl (let cool for 10-15 minutes)
***Make sure you get all the un-popped kernels out of the bag***
While your Popcorn is cooling, heat up your white chocolate/almond bark in the microwave or in a double boiler. I heated mine in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between.

When your popcorn is cooled, add the m&ms to the popcorn. I used about 1 1/2 cups of m&ms
Then, take the melted chocolate & stir it into your popcorn and m&m mix so that it coats all of it.
After you stir in the white chocolate, take your peanut butter & melt it for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
Stir in the melted peanut butter:
Add on some sprinkles and mix some more:
Lay down a piece of wax paper & spread the popcorn on wax paper.
Then, I slide the wax paper onto a cookie sheet & then put it in the fridge for an hour.
After it's chilled, I then put it in an airtight container.
If you've read my blog for the past few years, you know that each year I make Valentines treats for our neighbors.
For the past 4+ years I have made Ritzies:
Ritzies Recipe {HERE}
This year I am going to make Ritizies for my neighbors (of course) but I am also going to give them a little batch of this White Chocoalte Peanut Butter Popcorn. It's so good & it needs to be shared.
Also, it's so good, I would eat it all so I NEED to share it & get it out of my house.
It's like Popcorn Crack....soooo delicious. You could even add mini-marshmallows to it...that would be yummy!
 I added one of my "You make my Heart Pop" Printables to the boxes of popcorn
Printable on {THIS} post
Punched a hole & added some Bakers Twine!
I think they turned out so cute!
We are going to deliver them to our neighbors later this week!
This is a perfect little treat for your neighbors or teachers!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. YUM! Making this tomorrow. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make some of this now. Like...right this very second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this on Valentine's day! Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use Puff Corn instead of popcorn is awesome too. Melts right in your mouth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cute and yummy! My son would love this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin