2.27.2014

Slow Cooker Corn Chowder {with Bacon + Potatoes}

Wintertime means Soup time.
We haven't had much of a winter this year here in California.
It has been in the high 60's & 70's since Christmas and we are in a drought.
But, yesterday it rained!
And, it is going to rain for the next few days, so I made a big batch of this soup.
I love it & I think you will too!
Here is what you need:
  •  1 bag of frozen corn
  •  1 can of creamed corn
  • 1-2 carrots
  • 1-2 celery stalks
  • 1 jalepeno
  • 1 red pepper
  • 3 red potatoes
  • 1/2 diced onion 
  • 3 cups milk (I use non fat or low fat)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Hormel Real Bacon Pieces
This soup is super simple to make because all you do is dice up your veggies & then put almost all the ingredients in your Slow Cooker!
Dice all your Red Pepper:
 Celery:
 Carrots:
 Jalapeno:
 Potatoes:
 Dump all that in your crock pot:
All those veggies are so pretty!
Then, I dump in my bag of frozen corn and can of cream corn
Add your 3 cups of milk along with Salt & Pepper to taste.
Then, stir it all together.
Cook in your crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Right before you are about to serve it, turn off your crock pot, remove the lid and stir in 2 cups of Cheddar Cheese (you don't want the cheese to boil/overcook, that is why I put it in at the end.) Save a some extra cheese for you to use when you garnish each bowl of soup.

When you are ready to serve, sprinkle on some cheese on top & then add a good heaping of Hormel Real Bacon Pieces.
 Seriously. SO good. 
(Sometimes I even add additional bacon pieces to the crock pot about 30 min before I am serving the soup. It adds a really nice flavor to this soup!)
This is definitely a healthier & lighter Corn Chowder soup.
Delicious & Easy to Make!


SO, SO, SO good!
Enjoy!

***********


See you back here tomorrow for Pin-Spired!


Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger




Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the
Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods
provides me material and necessary resources to complete various
activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.
 

5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. We have a very busy week coming up and I will need to use the crockpot most nights so this will be on our menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a girls cookie baking day in a few weeks and this sounds like the perfect easy lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! My favorite kind of soup is a corn and potato chowder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and relatively healthy for a chowder. I will totally have to give this a try. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin