1.25.2013

What a Week.

The past week or so has kicked my booty.
So much going on. Deep Breath.
Last week Kate was VIP in her Kindergarten class, which translates to *me* having homework each night. Ha!
We had to make a scrapbook, bring in show & tell, take home the class bear and journal about it & Kevin got to go in one day and read a book to her class. All of it was fun, but it just took a lot of time. Kate was so excited about it all week & having something special to do each day, which caused her to be too excited to sleep at night.
All that, combined with her birthday party on Saturday was just a lot of excitement.
 Here are some instagrams of the couple weeks of crazytown around here! 

It was COLD last week. Frost on the grass 5 days in a row. We are wimpy Californians, we don't like frost.

 Highlight of the week, was getting carded at the grocery store buying wine. 
The cashier said there is no way I am 33 with 3 kids. MADE MY WEEK.
The kids have done some modeling for Pottery Barn Kids, here is Claire on their website:
Check out it out here on their website!

 I needed glass bottles for Kate's party, so I used glass "frappachino" bottles. 
I was thankful to have a coffee pick me up every afternoon for the past 2 weeks.
My collection of bottles:
Tip: These are Archer Farms (Target brand) coffee frappachino drink bottles. The label comes right off.  Cheaper & easier than the Starbucks brand. 

More party prep...the bags I bought for the cookie favors were too small (the cookies were bigger than what I thought I ordered) Anyone need 20 chevorn bags? Ha!
3 am and I was ready for the party. I would have been done earlier, but Luke decided to be awake from midnight until 2 am.
{Kate's Pancakes & Pajamas Party post is HERE.}

Then it was off to party #3 of the day. Bowling for my Father in Law's birthday!

Happy 70th Birthday! I am lucky to have such a great Father in Law!

3 sick kids means Mommy needs wine. At 5 pm....on the dot.
Luke who was finally sleeping 8 hours at night has reverted back to waking up every few hours because he doesn't feel well. We had him sleep in his bouncer or swing for several hours to help with his coughing. It made me feel better if he was at an incline. Easier for him to breathe. Poor thing.
Luckily Kate was well enough to go to school on her birthday. My mother in law & Claire brought her balloons.
For Kate's bday dinner, she wanted to go to some place that would sing her Happy Birthday :)
We brought birthday cupcakes to Daisy's.
Phew. What a week.
I was so tired this morning I forgot to bring part of my breast pump to school. Ouchie.
The kids are finally on the mend and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the sore throat I have had for 2 days goes away!

 And, as a reminder, NEXT FRIDAY is the FIRST Pin-Spired Linky Party!!!
Can't wait to see what outfits you have pinned & worn!!!


So ready for the weekend & So happy it's Friday. 
Friday Night means Pizza Night! (and wine!)
Hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. You had such fab & busy-filled week. Congrats to your daughter for being VIP in school :)

    XO Charlene Zale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy blessings: ) Glad everyone is on the mend! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is Claire in the PB catalog. SO COOL! And that picture of Luke in the clown stuff is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a) what a CRAZY week!!!
    b) so fun that they model for PBK!
    c) Luke is too much cuteness.
    d) all of my kids are summer babies...so this post made me a little sad that they will miss out on the 'balloons to school' and specialness that non-summer birthdays bring. :(
    e) i proabably would have had wine at 4. on the dot.
    f) owen's been waking up a lot too. it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy you sure did have a crazy week!! I do not like when all three of my kids are sick at the same time...it really makes the week drag. Thanks for the hint of the Target brand Frap bottles..I have been saving up on the Starbucks one and they are stickey...
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to leave another message but I am wondering what color you master bedroom is...Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a crazy week!

    Hey, I am throwing a baby shower for my neighbor and I think she's finally picked out the Umbrella invites in your Etsy shop. We are just waiting on final vote for date/time. I could use the purple Chevron bags if you want to sell them to me :)

    thethreejays@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed out loud at Luke in the clown wig. The girls have a little dress up doll, too cute! And how cool that your little ones have modeled for PBK. You absolutely deserved that 5 p.m. glass of wine and remember it's always 5 o'clock somewhere. :)

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww poor Luke with the clown wig, he looks terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I love reading your blog! It somehow got off of my blog roll on my sidebar, but it is back up, and I can assure you I'll be back to reading on a regular basis! You're honesty is so refreshing without sounding negative- that's quite a balance and you've found it. Love your pics from the week! The clown shot is precious! Poor buddy! And congrats on getting carded- gotta love that! ;) And how did you get your kiddos into modeling with PBKids?! How cool!

    Hope you have a great week!!

    ~Heather
    http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously hear you...my littlest had flu in December & by the end of the week I might have had two glasses that Friday night :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin