3.14.2011

Around the Clock Bridal Shower


Here it is, Part 2 of Rebecca's Bachelorette Party!
After we got back from wine tasting in Napa, we stayed at my house for her Bachelorette Bridal Shower.
When I was brainstorming the theme for this shower (because it's all about the theme, right?!?)
I decided that instead of your typical Bachelorette/Lingerie shower, I decided the theme would,
"Around the Clock"
What is an Around the Clock shower, you might ask?
I made the invite below (click to enlarge)
I wrote a little poem & had a blank spot to fill in a time of day.
{coming soon to my etsy shop!}

Each guest was given their own time & their gift was something that Rebecca & Jason would use during that time of day.
We had 18 guests, so I gave out times from 7am until midnight!

The Decorations:
The decorations were very simple, mostly because the week of the shower Claire got the stomach flu, then 2 days before the shower, I got the stomach flu & then the day before Kate got it. Needless to say, that really cut into my shower planning & I was busy disinfecting my house rather then make decorations!
I went to VS & got Rebecca a bunch of fun & cute underwear & then I hung them on a ribbon with clothespins & made an "underwear bunting" that I hung up.
The only other decoration was fresh cut tulips! Like I said, the stomach flu got in the way of my party prep!
The Menu:
Because we were going to be wine tasting all day, I knew we needed to have a simple dinner menu that I could ahead of time. We went with heavy appetizers & finger foods!

Pioneer Woman's Hot Artichoke Dip (found in her cookbook)
(served with corn & blue tortilla chips)
Blue Cheese Crack, of course!
Spinach Dip:
Turkey Meatballs
Brie with apples, dried cranberries & pecans:
Stuffed Mushrooms:
Bruschetta:
Beverages: Wine, Sparkling Water, Sparkling Lemonade & ingredients to make girly cocktails:
Cupcakes for dessert! And, I made cupcake toppers, of course!
After we ate, it was time for presents!
I made Rebecca this tank top with rhinestones that said
"Bachelorette Out of Control"
I had her open her presents in the order of the "time" that people were assigned.
Here are some of her gifts:
First up was 7:00 am. She got a cute nightgown, a muffin tin & a box of blueberry muffin mix!
Her gift for 12:00 noon was a panini maker:
Her 3:00 pm gift was baking supplies & a pack of chocolate chip cookie mix
Her 6:00 pm gift was a pizza stone:
Some of the girls watching her open presents:
Next, it was time for the "evening" hours....
Some lotion...
By the time she opened the last of her "evening" presents, Rebecca was blushing & embarrassed!
The Around the Clock Bridal Shower was really fun to throw and it was a great alternative for a Bridal Shower if you don't want to have a lingerie only Bridal Shower!

It was a lovely day celebrating my lovely sister who is getting married in less than 20 days!

45 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. Great job-particularly considering the plague at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I'm throwing a bridal shower next month... I may need your help with cupcake toppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great party! My cousin had an around the clock shower last summer. I think I got 2:00PM and gave her a spa gift card. Loved the underwear decorations too! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I like that shower idea... although I'm a fan of lingerie... ;)

    That food looks UH-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, that is such a great idea!! So sorry you were all out with the flu, but I'm sure the place looked fantastic, and you can never go wrong with all that yummy food! Your sister must be getting SO excited- what a special way to honor her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea for a shower! I might have to steal this for my sister's shower..she's getting married in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! It was great to finally meet you yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable. every bit of it.

    i have been to an "around the clock" shower, but it has been a lonnnngggg time. great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors! LOVE the bunting, what an awesome idea!

    (AND i love your everyday baker and entertaining bucket-i heart southern living at home!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely darling. What a great idea and theme. Thanks for checking in on me over the past few months. You are a dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely darling. What a great idea and theme. Thanks for checking in on me over the past few months. You are a dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love the undie idea! Hope I have a shower in the near future I could borrow that idea for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I love yours!!! I love planning parties and showers! Stay tuned I'm in the middle of planning 2 surprise showers for my sister in law to be right now so stay tuned on my blog to see what we do! I'm going to become a follower of your blog....won't you follow mine too;) So glad to have met you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shower idea!! And the food looks so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bridal shower!!!

    Just loved the "decoration"! So creative! Congrats!!!

    You take great pictures, girl!

    Mirys (from Brazil)
    www.diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off, gorgeous blog & post!!! So beautiful!!! Second, I have been going to camp since I was 6!!! I worked 4 summers at k1! What about you friend?! Love!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI! Ok I just found you from Casey's blog! :-) I'm a Kanakuk girl too! :-) That is the MOST amazing Bachelorette party EVER! :-) OH MY GOODNESS! :-) All of the yummy appetizers look incredible! :-) Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love round the clock showers! i had one before we got married and it was my FAVE! although a little awkward for great grandma during the late night hours... ;) fabulous job, mel! i'm sure your sister felt very special!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute idea! I love seeing the parties you throw! Everything is so thought out and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, this post has officially made me really, really hungry. Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is such a fun idea! and i LOVE the panty garland. so cute and fun for the party. p.s. i'm so glad you guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very nice idea i like it very much keep it up and i want to share with you a new topic about your kids birthday party I want to share this kids parties Miami and I know about childrens party Broward and if you want to celebrate your kids birthday party west palm beach kids Fairy land give you all services so enjoy your parties with your own style.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Organic Vitamins & Organic Condiments are Natural Vitamins, which are very useful for our health. we must use Natural vitamins Supplements to maintain our health. Vitamins function in many metabolic reactions which take place as food is utilized in the body, Vitamins control metabolism and energy of our body.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your blog looks very delicious...i am gonna curious to try any one.
    its a great idea for Kids birthday parties in Broward. It can make kids so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We just got back from my best friends bachelorette party and she's a little of a crazy one so we were searching for some thing distinctive. One of my good friends had a Hawaiian luau bridal shower theme on the beach and it was remarkable! We discovered a great bridal shower checklist and got some custom invitations and t shirts produced from this web site:
    www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I initially commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me
    when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the
    exact same comment. Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

    Also visit my blog post :: GrowXL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us. This is very helpful for find the hotwife lifestyle anklet jewelry for sexy women.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A Bridal showers are intended to help the bride-to-be prepare for her future life as a married woman, whereas a bachelorette party is intended to help the bride relax, celebrate, and enjoy her pre-married life.

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice post, keep posting posts like these and please write a blog about undergarments

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Content!You have explained everything very nicely,thanks for providing quality content.

    ReplyDelete

  31. Really Nice Information It's Very Helpful Thanks for sharing such an informative post
    hair transplant in kolkata

    ReplyDelete

  32. Thanks For Sharing
    Dr. Paul's offers Best Hair Transplant In Kolkata with 100% guranteed results

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for sharing such an interesting post. An Event to remember

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin