7.14.2010

Little Bruiser

It was bound to happen to Claire.

You know....the inaugural black eye.

Claire is a rough & tumble little girl.

I am actually surprised her first black eye came 22 months old.
Kate's one and only black eye happened when she was 15 months old.
Kate's first black eye - May 2008

Kate tripped on the carpet & as she fell, her face hit the edge of her rocking chair. Ouch.

Over the weekend, Claire slipped down the last 2 stairs (which are hardwood) & her poor face hit the edge of the last step. The goose egg immediately showed up. She is a tough girl & cried for less than a minute. She got a black eye in the same spot as Kate's first black eye.
Poor little thing. But, she doesn't let those stairs stop her, she was up and at them later on that day.
I remember when Kate got her black eye, I took her to the grocery store & got so many "looks" from people.
I wanted to put a sign on her saying, "I don't beat my kid, she is just an energetic toddler & tripped on a rug!"

Claire's black eye is looking much better now, so we can now go out in public & I won't have to worry about people staring at her wondering what happened :)

15 comments:

  1. OUCH! Poor baby...glad she's on the mend! (I suspect Claire may wear it more like a treasured war wound than my girly girl would, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch.
    My little girls first major black eye was actually a face plant DOWN our driveway.
    We had a steep driveway and she got on her little tricycle and thought she'd go for a ride..
    Ugh.. it was scary.. but she survived..

    I'm sure your covering them with lots of hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! My little one got a black eye when she was 18 months when she ran into the coffee table in our family room. It left a nice shiner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Poor Claire! I'm sure having the most adorable swim suit EVER makes up for it. Seriously. I want that suit. For me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor girl! but good for her for getting back at em. so glad it's healing quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing. We haven't had a black eye...yet but Liv has tons of bruises. And to think I only thought boys bruised. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, sweet little Claire - such a shiner! She's a tough cookie and it sounds like she is not going to let anything get in her way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I THINK I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Our girls are just about the same ages and we have a lot in common! I love photography and designing cards/stationary/etc. Just thought I would say "hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, poor thing! I broke my elbow when I was 22 months and my parents still tell stories about the evil looks they got from people whenever they would take me out with my big cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and she is still cute as a button! My son used to have bumps and bruises on his head from crawling into chair legs and door frames! I used to get some looks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Claire! She really did get a good one didn't she. Neither of my girls has had a black eye yet (knock on wood). But Hannah has split her entire bottom lip so bad before. She should have had stitches, but we didn't realize how bad the inside of her lip was until the next day! We rushed her to the dr. and they said since it's been so long since she did it, stitches would be too hard for her now. It healed fine, but I felt like a horrible mother for not realizing the severity of it. Live and learn.

    Glad Claire is okay. And that you can go back out in public now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, poor little thing! I love how tough she is and still so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor girl!! Glad that she didn't cry for long, and that it's going away!!

    I had a black eye years ago from slipping (in the shower of all places) and when I'd go out with Tony or my dad people would give them the nastiest looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember the first bruiser too and not so fondly. I hate that first one but it certainly makes the second one easier to deal with. I say that but I'm already dreading Sawyer's first one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. tanie damskie gucci, łącząc elegancki styl i najnowocześniejszą technologię, różnorodność stylów tanie gucci kluczowa sprawa, wskaźnik przechodzi między Twoim ekskluzywnym stylem smaku.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin