5.17.2010

Unpacking

We are officially living in our new house!
Our first night sleeping there was Saturday night.
The first night there our court had a block party!
We got to meet all our new neighbors, our court has 10 families on it and it ranges from older/retired couples to young families. There are 8 kids under the age of 5 (including my girls).
And, there are a handful of elementary & middle school aged kids.
Everyone is so nice & everyone looks out for each other. We felt very welcomed.
We still have A LOT of unpacking to do.
I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the boxes & stuff that is all over my house. It is really hard to unpack with 2 little girls running around! I am going to take a day off work this week to get things in our house organized because right now it is pure chaos!
The first night we slept there, we were about to put Kate to bed & she said,
"Wait! We have to take a picture on our new porch"
At our old house, I would take pictures on the porch for special occasions....Halloween, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.

It made me smile that Kate thought of this as a special occasion & reminded me that we needed a picture on the porch documenting the first night in our new place (Claire was already in bed)
Kate is so excited about our new house & so are we.
Of course, moving into a new house means new discoveries about that house.
We have "discovered" a lot about this house in the last 2 days.
- Our pool has a leak (which we knew before we bought it)
- The laundry room water line has a leak
- The girls bathroom shower has a MAJOR leak that goes through the ceiling
- The ice maker leaks every time you open the freezer door
- None of the power outlets in Kate's room work
- Our phone line is out, so we don't have phone or internet until tomorrow (I am mooching internet from our neighbors at the moment)
- Our cell phones drop calls in our house

So needless to say, we are THANKFUL we bought the home warranty! I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of use out of it! The plumber is coming out tomorrow & the electrician is coming later this week.

Despite the little issues we have discovered about the house, there are a ton of great things about the house & we are so thankful to be living here!

I can't wait to show you all the new house...I will be posting Before & After pictures once we get settled and finish our house projects!

17 comments:

  1. I love those french doors.
    And I loved that Kate asked to take a picture on the porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. unpacking is no fun! Your leak problems remind me of the movie Money Pit. Thank goodness for that warranty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun neighborhood and great front porch. can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I've seen so far, the new house looks fantastic! (Well, except for the leaks and such, which I'm sure they'll be able to take care of for you relatively quickly - fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! I wish I lived closer, I would totally come help you unpack. I love doing that. I know, I'm weird.

    How sweet that Kate thought of the porch picture. :)

    I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo YAY for the new house! Boo for the leaks!!! So glad y'all bought the warranty!

    Little Kate is just too cute on the porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh, its beautiful from what those pictures show. i love white cabinets in the kitchen. Congrats again and again and i will continue to pray for your transition and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting!! Congrats on the new place and I hope things get settled very soon!!

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you want Kevin to come check out the outlets?

    I'm dying to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to come see it this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Your house sounds like our new house in TX. Not only do we have water leaks, we have:
    ants, roaches, mosquitoes, humidity, musty smells, and more.
    Happy unpacking and making it “home”. Happy thoughts and prayers sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, moving is the pits! Thank goodness for home warranties! :)
    How cute that Kate wanted a picture on the porch, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for you guys!! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the neighborhood where cell phone calls get dropped...happens to me when ever I am at my parents house. I can't wait to see pictures after you are all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!
    That is what my place looks like..only the boxes are being SHUT...

    but in five weeks...I will have to open them all!!!!

    glad you love your new home....

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so sweet of Kate to want to take a porch picture. She's such a doll! Congratulations on your house. It must feel so great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin