11.16.2009

The Giving Tree

Every night Kevin reads the girls books before bedtime.
Kate loves books, really, really loves books.
Remember this POST?
Kevin started noticing that Kate had memorized some of her books, so he will start a sentence, and then let her finish the rest of the sentences on the pages.
The first time I heard this was one night when they were reading The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
This is one of my favorite kids books because it is so simple, yet has such meaning.

It was so precious hearing Kate read the words to that book.
I am not going to lie....Kevin and I BOTH had teary eyes listening to her sweet voice read that book.
So, when Auntie Bots was over for dinner the other day, Kate wanted to read The Giving Tree with her. I knew it would be a perfect time to get it on video.

It is broken up into 2 videos because my camera only let me video a few minutes at a time.







Seriously, is that not one the cutest things you have ever seen & heard?

The Giving Tree story reminded me of some pictures that I took of the girls when we were in Pebble Beach in July that I forgot about & never posted! The backyard of the house we stayed at had a huge tree in the backyard that Kate loved trying to climb. It was her first time "climbing" a tree. Claire loved the tree also.














I wish we had a tree like this in our yard. *sigh*

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE when Kate asked if you were taking her picture...too funny! I had my giving tree post too...I was teary when I wrote it, so your post got me teary all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the sweetest thing!! How adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute! I loved that book as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the greatest books of all time... NEVER sweeter than when it is being read out loud by a child. I love that you got that on video, it is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel!
    That is the cutest thing ever!
    I love her :)
    She is so sweet!!!
    Thanks for sharing her cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so heart-melting! Your girls are such cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the video. I love that book. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin