9.09.2009

Happy 1st Birthday Claire!

Dear Claire Kristine,
Today you are ONE year old!
I cannot believe it. This year has flown by so fast.
It seems like just yesterday that you were born. All afternoon I have sat down to type this but I have to keep stopping because the tears keep streaming down my face. My baby is 1. Please don't grow up! Stay my baby forever!
I remember when I found out I was pregnant with you. Kate was only 11.5 months. Surprise! I was really nervous about having 2 babies 19 months apart. Kate was such a good baby & really mellow. I thought for sure that that meant our 2nd child was going to be a terror! I didn't think we would get lucky twice. One of Kevin's best friends Brian told us not to worry and it doesn't have to balance out & just because you had a good & easy 1st baby means your 2nd can be just as good. And you know what? He was right! You are the easiest, happiest, smiliest baby girl ever! Don't tell Kate this, but you were an even EASIER baby than she was! And, you are a better sleeper than she was!
Claire, you have lived up to the meaning of your name.
The name Claire means "Bright" and that you are! Your shining, smiling face lights up a room. You bring joy to all around you because you are always smiling and laughing. You love all people & strangers always comment to me what a happy & beautiful baby I have.
I can't imagine our life without you. You were our big surprise, and even though you weren't planned, you were wanted. Time and time again God has reveled to me that HIS timing and HIS plan is better than anything I could ever imagine. Kate is an example of this and so are you.
God knew we needed a Claire Bear to complete our family & even though I didn't realize it and spent most of my pregnancy with you freaking out, HIS timing was perfect and I am so glad he blessed us with you when he did. The transition to 2 kids wasn't easy, but it was SO worth it. It seems like you have been a part of our family forever.
You turning 1 is bittersweet for me. It marks the end of having a "baby". We are pretty sure we are done having kids, so I am mourning my baby growing up. At the same time, I love watching you grow & learn new things (like walking and talking). You want to be a big girl so much & you love shadowing & copying things that Kate does. Everynight at bedtime you crawl into the bathroom and climb up on the step for me to brush your teeth. You don't want baby food anymore (horray!) You want table foods like everyone else. You have mastered the sippy cup and love your milk. I am in the process of weaning you. I only nurse you in the morning & at night. Within the week, you will be completely weaned.
You had your 1 year check up yesterday. You weighed in at 18 lbs 10 oz (10th percentile) and you are almost 29 inches long (60th percentile). The doctor said you are perfect & was very impressed with your talking/babbling. You say "Mama", "BoBo" and "Dada" and a bunch more babble! She also couldn't believe what a fast crawler you are. She was happy that you can stand & take a few steps. You still prefer crawling but are getting more and more confident with your steps each day.
Today is such a wonderful day to celebrate your life (the date is 09.09.09) what a fun date to celebrate your first birthday! Maybe you will be a math nerd like your Mommy and Auntie Bots one day! We are celebrated you tonight with a family party. We had Zachary's pizza (yum!) and cake with all your Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles & cousins.
Saturday is your big birthday bash at the park! You are dearly loved Claire & are surrounded by so many people who love you and care for you. I hope you never forget how much you are loved, especially by God who has created you in his perfect image. You are His child & he has allowed me to be your Mommy. I am beyond blessed. You make me a better person, Claire. Thank you for teaching me how to love like I never thought possible. I didn't think I would be able to love 2 kids the same. I was wrong! You have brought so much joy & happiness to my life.
Happy 1st Birthday Claire Bear!
Love, Mommy

Here is the Kate & Claire 1 year comparrison:
P.S. There will be a photo overload from today's birthday festivities later this week. It's late & I am way too tired to edit the 100+ pictures I took today :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Claire Bear! I agree....it goes by way, way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When she is 16 and you want to strangle her are you going to start blaming me?? Haha

    Happy Bday Claire!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post brought tears to my eyes too! Happy Birthday Claire! What a blessed mommy you are, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written!!!!! Happy Birthday Claire, stop growing up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Claire! She is so adorable. Two of my girls are 20 months apart and I wouldn't have it any other way :) Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's are adorable! Claire's one year pictures turned out great! Such a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin