12.14.2008

Chai Latte


When Kevin and I were dating, we used to go to Borders & sit in the cafe. We would get Chai Latte from the Borders cafe & then we would play cribbage (like old people. ha!) The Borders Cafe had the BEST chai lattes. They were SO good. Then, a tragedy happened. The Borders Cafe switched who they got their coffee & teas from! The new coffee & teas were not good & the chai latte was disgusting. It was such a bummer. We love chai lattes, especially during the fall & winter seasons.

I have been on the search for a chai latte that compares to the one that Borders used to carry. Starbucks, Peets, Tully's & Bagel Street all failed miserably. They were un-drinkable if you ask me! I thought I would never have a decent chai latte again. That is until my friend Lesly told me about Trader Joe's Spicy Chai Latte mix. One can is only about $3.99 (I think) It tastes EXACTLY like the ones we used to get at Borders. All you do is add a scoop of the mix & hot water! I like to add some (a lot) of whipped cream to mine!

I am enjoying a mug right now while listening to the rain pitter patter on the windows. Claire is asleep on my chest under the glow of our Christmas tree & Kevin is playing dolls with Kate.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. So how cute is that, Kevin playing dolls with Kate? I hope that Erik does this with Anna when she's older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You don't know how long I have looked for the taste of the Borders Chai, always in the wrong places obviously. Now my chai will be back after more than a year or two. Thank you, thank you, thank u!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin