6.18.2018

2018 Garden {Month 1}

It's been a little over a month since we planted our 2018 Garden so I thought I would do a little garden update.
 Here is what our 2018 Garden looked like when I first planted it:
 
 And, here it is a month later:
It has grown SO much!!!
My tomatoes are growing a ton!
I am watering 2-3 times a week.
The weather has been really mild the past month, mostly in the 70's with only a couple of days that is hit the 80s and 90s. We haven't had a day that has hit 100 degrees yet (thankfully!!)

Here is Garden Box #1 which has my herbs/spices, green onions, asparagus & zucchini.
 I don't know what happened, but my dill is in rough shape:
I need to replace it, but can't find a new dill plant at this time.
 
 And, my cilantro is completely dead:
 Thankfully, I was able to buy a new one to replace the dead one:
My zucchini is growing beautifully and starting to get baby zucchini,
 
 I will be ready to pick them this week:
This is my garden box that has 5 early girl tomatoes in it:
 
 I am getting tons of green tomatoes sprouting up:
 Here is my 2nd box of tomatoes which contains my cherry tomatoes, sun sugar, sweet 100, grape tomatoes & sun gold tomatoes.
  No green tomatoes yet, I bet they start showing up soon!

Here is the watermelon:
 
Here is my cucumber:
 Here is my pumpkin:
 
 The view from how are garden looked from this direction 1 month ago in May:
 And how it looks one month later in June:
 I can't wait to see the difference a month from today.
Hopefully I will have more tomatoes...that is what I look forward to the most :)
Here are a few more tips/reminders when planting your garden (it's not too late to get one planted!)

1. Make sure your plants have enough space. Leave more than you think you need. As veggies grow, they get taller & wider and it's important to give them space to grow. If they are too crowded not enough sun will get in and also, some of the veggies might rot if they grow too close & get tangled up with other plants.

2. When you water, make sure you water the base of the plants. Don't water the leaves, just water the base near the root. I water by hand with a hose on a slow trickle so that the plants don't flood and so that the water penetrates deep into the roots.

3. Trim back your herbs before they flower.  They will be bitter if they flower. It's okay to trim them way back....they will grow again!

4. Pick the veggies as they grow so that the plant can continue to produce. We can't keep up with all the veggies that we grown in our garden, so we pick it and share our produce with neighbors, family, friends & co-workers!

Happy Gardening! 

4 comments:

  1. Garden looks great. I only have room to grow tomatoes in my backyard, they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious about the costs of building a website with Wix? rainsoft In this in-depth analysis, we’ll dig deep into the current Wix pricing tiers, discuss the most important features of each, and help you choose the best Wix plan for you. wix plans pricing, good minecraft server hosts, free alternative to mailchimp, squarespace cost, youtube banner maker, best free customizable wordpress themes, alternatives to godaddy hosting, how to screenshot a whole page on mac and gmail search keywords

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's your best friend’s birthday. eventprofs Anyone who is lucky enough to have such an impactful person in their life knows that this momentous occasion is also a reason for you to celebrate, because they're the ones who help us through the biggest hurdles and inspire us to thrive. happy birthday wishes, fish puns, hope he feels better soon, cute good morning love, farewell quotes, happy easter wishes, have a great weekend, good morning monday funny and chicken puns

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin