12.15.2017

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party {2017}

Before we had kids Kevin and I used to host an Ugly Sweater Party each December.
But then, life got busy and we stopped throwing the party.
Our friends encouraged us to have it again this year.
Who am I to say no to a party?

Can we talk about my Ugly Sweater (really a sweatshirt)
I mean....was this made for me or what?!?!
I saw it a month ago on some Facebook ad & I had to have it. I knew it would be perfect for our party. Mine is sold out, but HERE are ones just like it!

I had to "ugly" it up, so I wore a Christmas turtleneck from Walmart under it.
I got the light up Reindeer antlers in NYC when we saw the Rockettes.

For the party, I had a bunch of heavy appetizers.
I made my Blue Cheese Bacon Dip {Recipe HERE}
 I made a Veggie Christmas Tree & served it with hummus:
 Brie Cheese & Crackers

Tri Tip Sliders:

 Spinach Dip:

 Pioneer Woman's Artichoke Dip:

 Pesto & Goat Cheese Flat Bread:
 BBQ Pulled Pork Flat Bread:
 It's not a Christmas Party if you don't have Schweddy Balls ;)
 These are actually my Savory Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs. Recipe {HERE}

Drink Station set up in the kitchen.

See that pitcher? It was a Cranberry Spritzer....Cranberry Juice, Diet 7up, Vodka. I garnished it with fresh cranberries. SO good!

No party is complete without a dessert table!

Kate made a rainbow loom Christmas sweater ornament for the Christmas tree on our kitchen table:

For the desserts, I bought some mini bunditinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes:

I made Peanut Butter Ritzies. {Recipe HERE}

Can we talk about how AMAZING these Ugly Sweater cookies turned out?
 I got them HERE
 The Ugly Sweater Party was also a competition!
 There were 4 categories...Best All Around, Funniest Sweater, Most Creative & Best Couple.
 I had medals made for the winners. It says 1st Annual Party because the last Ugly Sweater Party was over 8 years ago, so we are resurrecting the annual party this year.
 I got the medals HERE. The Winners also got a gift card to Total Wine :)

 I am so bummed I didn't get photos of everyone who was at the party & their amazing sweaters, but here are some of them....
 Fragile!
 Meow:
 Our friend Erik wore his mother in laws sweater. Classic!

  Some of the winners...
I am SO bummed I didn't get a photo of our friend Mike who won Best All Around. He dressed up as Buddy the Elf. Full costume including the wig! It was hysterical!

One of my best friends since preschool was in town (she lives in Santa Barbara & they came up here because of all the fires) Loved that she was able to come to our party.
About half the ladies...I was so bad about taking photos at the party, too busy having fun!

It was such a fun night, thanks to all of our friends for getting ugly with us! 
Can't wait for next year's Ugly Sweater Party! 

++++++++++++

A few reminders.....I have a $250 Target Gift Card Giveaway going on! 
Click HERE to enter! Ends tonight!
I am also placing a bulk order of Lash Boost!
It comes with Lash Boost (will last 3-4 months) & a cute travel bag:
 You get the cute travel bag & lash boost for $135.
If you buy TWO of them, you get it for $244....so $122 each! 
 Get one for you & one for your mom, sister, best friend, etc!
This is good for current or new customers! 
Email me to order!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

10 comments:

  1. You have given me an idea for next christmas! Who knew there were actual medals for ugly sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to the cookies is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please link or give the recipe for the pesto goat cheese flatbread ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! How much is lash boost by itself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dying of laughter all over again! My mom’s sweater! Bwahaha! Catching up on your blog, such a fun party! Wait until next year when Erik wears one of his mom’s sweaters! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna attend your parties! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Those sweaters crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    โต๊ะหมู่บูชา

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

  9. This article is really contains lot more information about This Topic. Its great

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin