12.02.2015

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon + Cranberries

I don't know about you, but growing up I didn't like brussel sprouts.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to like them.
I realized the key to delicious brussel sprouts is roasting them.
And, adding other goodies to them also enhances the flavor. 
Here is a delicious brussel sprouts recipe that is perfect for this time of year...it has balsamic, bacon & cranberries!
Here is what you need:
 - 2 lbs of brussel sprouts
- 6 pieces of Bacon (I use Hormel!)
- 1 cup of FROZEN cranberies
- 1 T olive oil
-3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced almonds

Cut the brussel spouts in half, lengthwise:
Add them to a gallon ziplock bag & add the olive oil & balsamic vinegar:
 Shake the bag so that the oil & vinegar coat the brussel sprouts.
Add the frozen cranberries to the bag & shake it again:
Cut your bacon into small pieces:
 Spray a baking pan with cooking spray & then put the brussel spouts & cranberries on the baking sheet. Add the chopped bacon to the top along with the sliced almonds:
It's so pretty. Love the green & red. Perfect for Christmas :)
Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  
Yum.
 This recipe is super easy to make & it's healthy.....bacon is healthy, right? ;)


 Sometimes I add more almonds to the top of each serving. 
Are you a fan of brussel sprouts?
If so, I think you will really like this recipe! 
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this recipe--I love brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...yum! I see this on our menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO yummy! I'm hosting a dinner tomorrow evening and I think these will be added to the menu! Yum, yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I am 33 years old and have never tried brussel sprouts, but these look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin