8.16.2012

7 days of Luke

As of today, Luke is 1 week old.
I can't believe it has been a week since he was born.
On one hand, it has gone by so quickly, but on the other hand, it feels like he has always been here!
Here is what his first week looked like.
Day 1 - Happy Birthday Luke!
Day 2 - Chilling at the hospital
Day 3 - Coming home from the hospital
Day 4 - Watching the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics
Day 5 - 1st outing..heading to the park for Kate's soccer practice
I got this soccer onesie when I was pregnant with Kate, in case I was having a boy. So glad I saved it. Love the soccer ball bottom.
Day 6 - Check up at the doctors! Luke weighed in at 8 lbs 13 oz, so he isn't back at his birth weight yet. My friend Keri made him the cute dog onesie.
LinkDay 7 - Luke & I have the same opinion about Shark Week. *Yawn*
Today was also my first day solo with all 3 kids.
Kevin went back to work today after having a week off.
The day went okay. Claire was having a really rough day, so that was hard, but Kate & Luke did great! I lost my patience quicker than I usually do, but I think that is because I am up every 2-3 hours at night nursing Luke.
The girls love their brother, but they are definitely adjusting to having a new baby in the house and not getting as much attention from me.
We have had a lot of visitors & people come by each day to meet Luke, so it is a lot of activity & excitement for them. They are crying at little things that normally don't upset them. And, Kate starts Kindergarten in a couple weeks, so this is a lot of change for her in a short amount of time.
Having Kevin home this past week was amazing, he and the girls played all day everyday.
I am pretty sure he would love being a stay at home dad.
Having him go back to work today was sad for all of us.

Luke is a really good baby so far......he sleeps A LOT.
I forgot how much newborns sleep during the day. He sleeps longer stretches during the day than the night, so I am trying to switch that up without much success.
He is a great nurser (just like his sisters) so that has been great.
He rarely cries, but when he does, he sounds like a Pterodactyl!
All in all, we are adjusting to our new normal & feel so blessed to have this little guy as part of our family!

16 comments:

  1. He is so gorgeous!! I just want to snuggle him! I hope the girls continue to do well with the adjustment :) Luke should get his days and nights sorted out by next week or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so so cute! Were my kiddos really that small once upon a time? I love that you took him to soccer and I love your honesty about big sisters adjusting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! Love all of the outfits!! Glad to hear that you are all adjusting. I am sure you will have your good days and rough days. Just pray for the patience and love you need to get through the hard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable, I love the soccer ball onesie how cute. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is soooo adorable!!! Aww, makes me ready for another squishy myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is soooo adorable!!! Aww, makes me ready for another squishy myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute! I love the one of him at soccer practice. I remember the first weeks with my third.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luke is just too cute!!! I miss those days with my little man. Time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. he's such a precious little guy! love that soccer ball onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's just too cute!! I can't wait to meet him, even if he's wrong about Shark Week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the daily dose of Luke. And that soccer bum is the CUTEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, to change the 50D picture to Baby Luke :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, he is one of those dangerous babies
    that make you want another.
    Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! I love newborn babies! He is making me baby hungry!!



    I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop :)
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a mom to a boy and a girl (and expecting another boy), I am so glad you got a little boy! There is something so special about having a son. Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin